Whatever happened to....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whatever happened to....

Its been a few years since I was last on the forum and I noticed that some of the regular forum characters are no longer here.

Bob Kabchef aka Mr Biggs
    Junkyard Dog
    JDP
    Neil Thornton

No doubt others that I can't recall, I did see familiar names in the passings forum.

Where do the years go, I'll be 60 on 9/20, gee life rockets along it seems.

Can anyone shed light on these past members?
    John Clements
    Christchurch, New Zealand

I'm not positive as to when or why, but JDP has divested of his Stude stuff, though I believe he still visits this forum from time to time. Neil Thornton is still around and busy as ever in the South Georgia Chapter (still president), though he also has slowed down on his visits to this forum. Time moves on for all of us and change is the only constant. Bill

Comment

It is indeed, thanks Bill.
      John Clements
      Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Pretty sure Bob still posts here...
        The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Bob Kabchef (aka Roscoe Macaw) rarely posts here, but is fairly active on the Facebook group Studebaker Addicts (International).
          KURTRUK
          (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Bob Kabchef (aka Roscomacaw) rarely posts here, but is fairly active on the Facebook group Studebaker Addicts (International).
            KURTRUK
            (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Some of you on the East Coast may remember karterfred88> Fred Van Assendelft in Millsboro Delaware, with a R2 Powershift '63 Avanti.

I talked to his Wife today and Fred listened in on speaker phone, unfortunately he had a Bad Stroke and has had a couple Heart Bi-passes so is unable to come here anymore, a very sad story.

I know him because in Aug. 2016 he answered my SDC Forum request for help finding an Avanti Pitman Arm and P/S Control Valve.
              The original was removed from Avanti 1001 and replaced sometime during it's lifetime with a Manual reach Rod instead.

Fred was kind enough to send our Chapter a rebuilt Control Valve, free and without a shipping charge as a donation to the ACM/Le May Museum Avanti 1001 Restoration Project.

If any of you know him or live near, he would probably like to hear from you, his Car is apart at this time and no way to get help to put it back together.
              I do have his Phone Number I can PM if someone cares.
              Last edited by StudeRich; 06-22-2019, 11:28 PM.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Rich, Some of these Stude parts really get moved around. I sold karterfred the control valve off my R2007, since I changed to non-power about the same time.

Comment

Yes Alan, Fred told me you sold him that, and he thought it was rebuilt.
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Back when the Forum was young (fifteen years ago) and there were only a hundred or so members, many of us would be posting, basically chatting, a dozen times a day.
                    Biggs was by far the most active.
                    With the exception of those who have passed on, I think they all continue to visit, and occasionally post but, the current huge membership has greatly expanded the resources to be drawn from. Just that many more people to learn from.
                    The facebook group has also attracted a large following in a short period of time but, while the functions of the two do overlap, there are still unique differences to recommend them both.
                    Brad Johnson,
                    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

So too do lots of us back east mourn the passing of the York Pa swap meet...........ahh the memories..........and the parts.........hey Tony Patane, I'll take two sets of Girling front pad sets for the Avanti.........".no problem I've got maybe 20 sets in the shed".......RIP Tone, we all remember.

Comment

Yes, I remember Tony!

Comment

Working...
                        X