Northwest Avanti Appreciation Day II -Now with Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northwest Avanti Appreciation Day II -Now with Photos

The Avanti Appreciation Day Event on Sat. June 15, at Bell's Studebaker Museum and Diner in Bellingham, WA went very well and 8 Avantis showed up, a good time was had by all. Lionel Stone even came from Bellingham and Bob Williams from Oregon.

It was quite well attended, even though a very many Northwest Avantis were not available or their owners not aware of this Avanti Appreciation Day to show up.

A BIG thank you to Rene Crist, her Husband Pat and the ACM Maintenance team Member Dale for bringing the Restored '63 Avanti 63R1001 down in the enclosed Trailer belonging to America's Car Museum/Le May (ACM) in Tacoma, WA.

Also Al Basile, Lou Cote, James and Stephanie Bell for making it happen!

I got a Great Fathers Day present from my Son Mike: my 29 year sleeping '63 Avanti running and driving, and does it ever drive Great!

Mine is a White '63 R1 looking from the Museum to the front of the Row of Avantis, it is number 3 from the right.
    The 1001 Avanti is at the Gas Pumps.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6436.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	160.2 KB
ID:	1760651 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6439.jpg
Size:	143.8 KB
ID:	1760652 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6450.jpg
Size:	118.7 KB
ID:	1760653 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6441.jpg
Size:	148.7 KB
ID:	1760654 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6460.jpg
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	1760655 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6465.jpg
Size:	170.4 KB
ID:	1760656 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6442.jpg
Size:	160.9 KB
ID:	1760657 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6455.jpg
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	1760658

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6437.jpg
Size:	173.9 KB
ID:	1760659 < Note the Tangerine Rose Bush to match the Avanti 1001's Interior!

Last edited by StudeRich; 06-17-2019, 09:55 AM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Certainly looked like a beautiful day to bring out the 'marks' Avanti's in big numbers! The Bell's 'farm location' is the perfect spot for such an event to take place. keeping 'history alive' is what it's all about. (Well, plus the good food provided for sustenance Remarkable how StudeRich's beauty hadn't been driven for 29 years (a true time capsule) and now it's out and about revving up stories from 'the good old days.' Congratulations StudeRich (and family) on a job well done ~~ lest we not forget the Marvel Mystery Oil helping out as well {:= )
    JimsLeadCommander

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]81804[/ATTACH] < Note the Tangerine Rose Bush to match the Avanti 1001's Interior!
      And those PINK FLAMINGOS haven't moved a bit since I last saw them in 2010!!

Craig

Comment

The weather in Bellingham was beautiful. When I left my house east of Snohomish, it was raining, and when I got home, it was still raining.
        Mark L

Comment

Rich,
          Mike did a great job in a short amount of time in order to get your R1 back on the road. Big thanks to James & Stephanie for hosting, same to Lou who provided Al's ride to the event so we could get into the finer details of the Avanti. Greatly appreciated Rene & Pat's effort to get #1 to the event along with going over the restoration in detail. Huge shout out to our Canadian friends, Michael Moore, Allyn, and Pete for attending. & yes I haven't seen those Flamingos move since 2014

Comment

Working...
          X