Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

a Champ truck I found several months ago?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a Champ truck I found several months ago?

Several moths ago, when I was just beginning to recover from a serious accident, and not yet able to walk, a Champ truck showed up on Craigslist in the state where I live. I contacted the seller and we texted and e-mailed a few times. He sent me pics of the truck and I liked what I saw. Then I had some complications and was "out of the loop" for a few weeks. Somehow during that time, probably due to something I deleted without realizing it, I lost all the texts and e-mails I had from him except for a couple of pics that somehow survived. I watched Craigslist for a while to see if he listed the truck again, but never saw it or either of the other Studebakers he had offered for sale. I figured the truck and other Studebakers had sold. Now, today, on another site with classifieds I found his Champ truck listed for sale, in a current listing. I am however, reluctant to contact him again, because he must think that I am completely full of it since I "left him hanging" last time. I was actually interested in the truck though, and would still like to have it, just can't quite get up the nerve to send that e-mail. Oh well.
    thom

Thom, just explain the situation to him. I'll bet he will understand. Sometimes life sends us off on a different direction without notice. Especially when it is health related.
    Glad you are doing better. Go get that truck!
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

I agree. People lose contact info all the time. I'm guessing that he would like to hear from you, if it gets his truck sold.
      Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

Agree. The older I get, the more I forget and/or lose -- and then kick myself for doing so.
        Skip Lackie

Comment

A couple of the pics that I didn't lose. All the parts are with the truck, just not currently attached. The truck would be worth more if it were a V-8 automatic I suppose, but I personally like inline sixes. I hope it finds a good home, even if not with me.
          Attached Files
          thom

Comment

Thom
            I think you dodged a bullet on this one. Lots of V8 auto Champs out there to pick from.
            sals54

Comment

Rust is always the big question. Cannot see the fenders or cab corners. Otherwise it looks to have had some tlc at some point

Comment

Well, if the price were right, it might be a very nice project. At this point, replacing the engine is the easy part.

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                Ron Smith
                Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Rust is not a problem with this truck. The rockers have been replaced. The only other rust was just a little in the very front of the bed floor.
                  thom

Comment

If you really like the truck,I would contact the seller again.After all, it's for sale again,right? It's like I tell the fellas at work;it's like asking Momma for a little love or the boss for a raise.The worst they can say is no,lol.

Comment

I agree with Rusty. Give the fellow a call. The worst he can say is, "bug off!" He might turn out to be decent enough to give you a chance also.

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                      Ron Smith
                      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

This sort of thing happens all the time. He'll just be glad you are still interested.
                        Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Originally posted by thom View Post
                          A couple of the pics that I didn't lose. All the parts are with the truck, just not currently attached. The truck would be worth more if it were a V-8 automatic I suppose, but I personally like inline sixes. I hope it finds a good home, even if not with me.
                          Is it an automatic six cylinder?

Comment

No, six with three speed and no overdrive.
                            thom

Comment

Someone on here has responded to his ad so maybe the truck is sold.
                              thom

Comment

Working...
                              X