Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do not low ball me!!.....I do not have to sell!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do not low ball me!!.....I do not have to sell!!

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

I guess if I read between the lines, you are offering this Nice '63 For Sale?

Without a Price, a clean Turquoise on Turquoise '63 it has to be at least a $30,000.00 Avanti even with the Supercharger replaced with Air Cond.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
      I guess if I read between the lines, you are offering this Nice '63 For Sale?

Without a Price, a clean Turquoise on Turquoise '63 it has to be at least a $30,000.00 Avanti even with the Supercharger replaced with Air Cond.

Comment

Do not low ball me!!.....I do not have to sell!!
        That's my second favorite threat from a seller. The all-time best is "If it doesn't sell, I'll scrap it!"

jack vines
        PackardV8

Comment

It looks like a nice clean vehicle, that has been taken care of. It's a shame that the original owner chose AC, over supercharger, but it could be put back that way. from the photos, it looks like very little rust to deal with. I'm not in the market, so no low ball offers here.
          Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

At least it's not in all capital letters..!

Mike

Comment

I remember seeing the phrase "Serious offers only" in car ads to head off the jokers and tire-kickers.
              peter lee

Comment

I generally skip any ads with any of those phrases and go on to someone who actually wants to sell.

Comment

Vertical video, how quaint!! Bob

Comment

Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post
                    That's my second favorite threat from a seller. The all-time best is "If it doesn't sell, I'll scrap it!"

jack vines
                    Or the reverse, "I hope someone buys it for XXXX.XX because I don't want to see it go for scrap." :
                    "In the heart of Arkansas."
                    Searcy, Arkansas
                    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                    1952 2R pickup

Comment

Angry sellers scare me off.
                      Dick Steinkamp
                      Bellingham, WA

Comment

Originally posted by sweetolbob View Post
                        Vertical video, how quaint!! Bob
                        Mario and Fafa talk about a very serious problem on Facebook! Mario and Fafa talk about a very serious problem on Facebook!

Comment

Originally posted by plee4139 View Post
                          I remember seeing the phrase "Serious offers only" in car ads to head off the jokers and tire-kickers.
                          In most cases, the BUYER is serious with the offer. It may be lower than what the seller defines as "serious", however. There is really no reason to include the phrase "serious offers only". It's a red flag to potential buyers who MAY have wanted to make an offer, but don't want to deal with a seller that's going to lecture them about how un-serious their offer is. If the offer is lower than what the seller would sell for, the seller just has to say no, or counter with a number that would be acceptable.

With the phrase "I don't have to sell", the seller is actually saying "I've set an unrealistically high price. If you are stupid enough to pay it, great. If not, move on".

Don't get me started on the phrase "Testing the waters" in car ads.

Buying a car is easy. Selling a car is tough. Don't make it tougher than it already is.
                          Dick Steinkamp
                          Bellingham, WA

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp View Post
                            In most cases, the BUYER is serious with the offer. It may be lower than what the seller defines as "serious", however. There is really no reason to include the phrase "serious offers only". It's a red flag to potential buyers who MAY have wanted to make an offer, but don't want to deal with a seller that's going to lecture them about how un-serious their offer is. If the offer is lower than what the seller would sell for, the seller just has to say no, or counter with a number that would be acceptable.

With the phrase "I don't have to sell", the seller is actually saying "I've set an unrealistically high price. If you are stupid enough to pay it, great. If not, move on".

Don't get me started on the phrase "Testing the waters" in car ads.

Buying a car is easy. Selling a car is tough. Don't make it tougher than it already is.

Yeah, this whole thread started off wrong thanks to Hawklover's initial tone. Maybe time to start over with a bit better attitude, Hawklover?

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp View Post

Buying a car is easy. Selling a car is tough.
                              Boy, isn't that the truth!

They're expensive to buy and you have to give them away when you sell. That's life.
                              Last edited by RadioRoy; 06-12-2019, 10:04 AM.
                              RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
                              4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
                              5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Working...
                              X