plan b, maybe my next Studebaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plan b, maybe my next Studebaker

I had posted earlier that I had my eye on a '65 six cylinder two-door car for my next project but there turned out to be more issues with it than I want to deal with so I think I'll walk away from it. However, I'm considering this '59 or '60 Lark two-door wagon. The body that can be seen from the outside, without getting under the car or inside looks very good. All the glass is good. The interior appears decent. I am unable to open either door because the outside handle is missing on the drivers side (actually it can be seen lying in the front seat), and there is a maple tree growing up against the passenger side door. The seller is supposed to cut the tree and move the car to a location where I can get under it for a better look . He has a lift in his garage so I will be able to check it out very well. The engine appears to be very, very stuck so it may be a candidate for a update with a later running gear, possibly a 4.3 V6 Chevy like my '55 truck.
    Attached Files
    thom

It sounds like you have a reasonable plan of attack to get this Lark airborne again. Best of luck with it! Also, I'm sorry that you had to walk away from the '65 but that's just life sometimes.
    Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

Rear bumper chrome looks good.

Comment

This one is clearly a '59. Have you determined if it is a Lark VI or VIII?
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

It is a ‘59, not a ‘60. (1959 was the last year for the heavier framed upper tailgate)

Comment

It's a VI. The seller has several other Larks that will be good parts donors.
            thom

Comment

Working...
            X