Nice article: 2019 Concours de Elegance @ Copshaholm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice article: 2019 Concours de Elegance @ Copshaholm

This was a really wonderful event in its inaugural year last year (2018). It promises to be even better this year, although I don't know how that could be! IIRC, the 2018 event set a one-time daily attendance record for The Studebaker National Museum.

(This year, I'll be on the judging team for the Studebaker Presidents and Chrysler 300 letter car classes.)

Worth your time to attend; there's no charge!

We’ve selected four summer driving-season events for your consideration. We began with Carlisle Events. Next up was the Rodeo Drive Concours d’Elegance in Los Angeles. Today, we offer up the Concours d’Elegance at Copshaholm in mid-July in South Bend, Indiana.
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

It sounds like a great time, and I would love to be able to get there, but vacation time and money are all spoken for this year. I read the article, and there are really a lot of things to see in the area. We were there for the International meet in 2018, but didn't have time to check out the area as much as we would have liked to. I will put the Concours de Elegance on my wishlist and maybe get there in in the next couple of years. Thanks for posting!
    Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

Nice promotional item about 2019 Copshaholm in today's Hemmings Daily Blog:

The sixth annual Concours d'Elegance at Copshaholm will be held July 13, 2024, on the grounds of the historic Copshaholm Mansion
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Another mention in the Thursday, June 20 Hemmings Daily Blog. 'Looks like Tom Cotter will be in attendance:

Cool beans. BP

Comment

Bob, I do not know if you are privy to the list of cars that will be on the field at the 2nd Annual
          Copshaholm
          Concours but it outstading and includes a very rare late Studebaker production model. If all show, there will be 73 cars on the field as of today. I suspect the one day record for attendance will be broken again this year. Some tinkering has been done with the format and ticketing making it an even better event than last year. Now all we need to do is pray that we again have no rain.
          sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Working...
          X