Does anyone know the starting and ending serial numbers for 1962 GT Hawks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know the starting and ending serial numbers for 1962 GT Hawks

I have a 1962 GT Hawk serial number 62V40286. just for curiosity, I'd like to know where in the '62 production run it was. Thanks Howard
    Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
    '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
    '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
    '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

By 1962, all models were lumped into one group. The starting number was 62V 1,001 for South Bend production and and 62VC 1001 for Canadian cars

There were some GT Hawk production figures for 1962 around 8,000 cars.

Comment

Originally posted by brngarage View Post
      I have a 1962 GT Hawk serial number 62V40286. just for curiosity, I'd like to know where in the '62 production run it was. Thanks Howard
      The best that I can do is to tell you that it was about 88% of the way through all 1962 V8 car production in South Bend (not Hamilton).

EDIT: I believe that there were 9335 1962 Hawks overall, including South Bend & Hamilton and V8 & six.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Thanks guys. Howard
        Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
        '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
        '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
        '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

Working...
        X