Paint Code help request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint Code help request

I am working on a 1949 pickup (at least that is what it is titled as). The paint code is P-2198.
    What color does that number relate to?
    I am probably not going to paint it an original color, but am curious as this truck was a real mess when I started on it.
    Thanks in advance to whoever can help.

1950 Studebaker Paint ND Velvet Black, SS,8097,W-SS Tulip Cream, UF,8263,W-UF Bahama Blue, UG,8266,W-UG Highland Mist, UL,8283,W-UL Plaza Gray, UN,8293,W-UN Concord Blue, UP,8303,W-UP Midnight Blue, UR,8307,W-UR Bermuda Green, UT,8318,W-UT Copper Mist, UY,8336,W-UY Black Cherry, UZ,8337,W-UZ Comanche Red, VA,8338,W-VA Grove Green, VB,8339,W-VB Falcon Gray, VC,8340,W-VC Aqua Green, VD,8341,W-VD Steel Mist, VF,8364,W-VF Fiesta Tan, VP,8405,W-VP Old Ivory, Chrome Yellow, Clover Green, Lebanon Green, SK,W-SK Heather Gray, TR,W-TR Iroquois Blue, TX,W-TX Cuban Tan, UB,W-UB Cherokee Red, VS,W-VS Tuscin Tan

Comment

R Series salesman's data book 1949-53. Chips from '49.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	composite R series copy 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	138.3 KB
ID:	1728080Click image for larger version

Name:	49 colors copy.jpg
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	1728081
      Richard Quinn
      Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Check the tag again please, there is no P-2198 shown. Maybe it's one of these.........
        P-2199 Chrome Yellow
        P-2196 Melody Blue
        P-2193 Cherokee Red
        Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Originally posted by Dwain G. View Post
          Check the tag again please, there is no P-2198 shown. Maybe it's one of these.........
          P-2199 Chrome Yellow
          P-2196 Melody Blue
          P-2193 Cherokee Red
          I wonder if its a Fleet color, perhaps Bell (Telephone) Green or Bell (Telephone) Blue. I believe the Bell colors were common enough that Studebaker assigned a color code for them.

Perhaps the owner can provide a photo of it.

Craig

Comment

This is the plate, the cab (what paint was left) had so many colors plus rust that it is pretty hard to guess what it was in the beginning. ... I bet it was the red referenced by Dwain, as that last number must be a three. (I was guessing it was a pale blue by what was left on the cab)
            THANKS AGAIN FORUM... You members are really a great help to all of us Studebaker nuts!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	02.jpg
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	1728098
              This is the plate, the cab (what paint was left) had so many colors plus rust that it is pretty hard to guess what it was in the beginning. ... I bet it was the red referenced by Dwain, as that last number must be a three. (I was guessing it was a pale blue by what was left on the cab)
              THANKS AGAIN FORUM... You members are really a great help to all of us Studebaker nuts!

Comment

I agree, it sure looks like 2193. Cherokee Red

Comment

Working...
                X