The '63 Y3 Lark Marshall 4 Door in Indianapolis, IN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The '63 Y3 Lark Marshall 4 Door in Indianapolis, IN

The last I see Posted, unless I missed another String about the '63 Y3 Lark Marshall 4 Door, 289 Police Car Bob Palma found in Indianapolis, IN was back on 4/6/18.

Any later contact with the Lady owner since, Bob?

StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Fascinated by Bob's discovery having been involved with the Victorian Police vehicles here in Australia. We assembled & supplied over 330 units to them in two & four door versions along plus a couple of Station Wagons (Appreciation Squad) with a few restored survivors in our Studebaker Clubs.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
    MELBOURNE.

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
      The last I see Posted, unless I missed another String about the '63 Y3 Lark Marshall 4 Door, 289 Police Car Bob Palma found in Indianapolis, IN was back on 4/6/18.

Any later contact with the Lady owner since, Bob?

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ht=exploration
      Sadly, Rich; no. There are only so many hours in a day and, therefore, only so many of those hours you can devote to chasing an elusive car from a recalcintrant and "unusual" person.

Although she seemed nice enough at the time, it proved to be impossible to get a response from her for months after the initial meeting. No returned calls; no nothing...and the marginal old garage where the car was located was a behind an equally-marginal vacant rental property in a questionable neighborhood miles from her residence.

I wish I could offer hope for that Y3, but I'll bet it has fallen between the cracks by now. I don't know what I could have done differently to prevent that, and I've successfully chased many cars many years in the course of earning a living as a professional car locator / buyer. Sorry. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

But Bob, I THOUGHT you were RETIRED!

I am sure it's the old story that NEVER works: I will have SO much time to do the things I want, when that time consuming "JOB" is Over !
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
          But Bob, I THOUGHT you were RETIRED!

I am sure it's the old story that NEVER works: I will have SO much time to do the things I want, when that time consuming "JOB" is Over !
          BINGO! BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
          X