2019 Prom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 Prom

Grandson ask to use my car for Prom, he wanted a car that would complement her dress!!!

IMG_0151.jpg,
    2019 Prom.jpg
    Attached Files
    sigpic
    Jim

WOW, that was NICE! & classy too...

Comment

It should be a very memorable ride to the prom. Your grandson must be trustworthy, and a good driver, to agree to a deal like that.
      Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

A PERFECT MATCH!

A couple of very Nice looking Young Adults and an over the top, beautiful '53 Commander Jim!
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I love the black and red theme they had going there. Very classy. I bet they had a blast.
          Ed Sallia
          Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Very nice of you to loan that beautiful car to your grandson. I'll bet he was thrilled to be able to use it! No other couple was showing up as classy as them !
            -Matt

1963 GT Hawk
            1960 Metropolitan Convertible
            1972 AMC Javelin/ AMX
            1956 Cushman Eagle

Comment

Thank you all for all the nice comments!!! Nobody other than myself has ever driven the car in the last 20 some years. But my grandson is one-of-a-kind. After I let him test drive it for a few miles, there was no doubt I was going to let him use it... He did good and the car worked great, he did have a lot of parents asking him about the car at the School.
              sigpic
              Jim

Comment

Whoa! That had to be the classiest ride at the prom. And you're one cool grandpa. Thanks for sharing the photos. And for sharing with grandson. I'll bet every guy and gal there were jealous.

Comment

Jim -

Nice combination.

One recommendation...
                  Tell her to WAIT for "you" to help her out of the car!

Many, many years back, I was parking cars in a fancy restaurant, at prom time.
                  A kid and his date pull up in a nice XKE Jaguar. I open her door, as she moves to get out, guess who's arms she ended up in as she fell out of the car...because of having her dress caught under her shoe...NOT her boyfriends..!
                  She just stayed in my arms for a minute+ as everyone finally realized what had just happened. By that time, her boyfriend was standing there glaring at me, I smiled and put her down.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Van Veghten View Post
                    Jim -

Nice combination.

One recommendation...
                    Tell her to WAIT for "you" to help her out of the car!

Many, many years back, I was parking cars in a fancy restaurant, at prom time.
                    A kid and his date pull up in a nice XKE Jaguar. I open her door, as she moves to get out, guess who's arms she ended up in as she fell out of the car...because of having her dress caught under her shoe...NOT her boyfriends..!
                    She just stayed in my arms for a minute+ as everyone finally realized what had just happened. By that time, her boyfriend was standing there glaring at me, I smiled and put her down.

Mike
                    Great story!! The junior parents did the valet parking at the school, the mother who parked the car told me, when she saw the black Studebaker coming "that's the car I want to park". I told her she was the first girl to drive the car in over 20 years...
                    sigpic
                    Jim

Comment

Originally posted by jims53 View Post
                      Great story!! The junior parents did the valet parking at the school, the mother who parked the car told me, when she saw the black Studebaker coming "that's the car I want to park". I told her she was the first girl to drive the car in over 20 years...
                      I would think that very few mothers would appreciate being called a "girl". When you and I were young it may have been acceptable.
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                      X