"Classic car (1941 Champion) returning to Fitchburg" Article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Classic car (1941 Champion) returning to Fitchburg" Article

FITCHBURG — The Goodwin family’s evergreen 1941 Studebaker Champion hasn’t been seen around the city in nearly 25 years. But after two years of looking, the four brothers tracked …

I (the "colleague" in this article) was very happy to help my friend and former co-worker help find his family's 1941 Champion Business Coupe, thanks to this forum!

Thanks to Paul Shuffleberg for posting this coverage of the New England Zone Meet from 2015 on "Cruisin' New England", that led to me being able to help track down "Belle", the Goodwin family's 1941 Champion. http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...zone+meet+2015

The video is here : https://youtu.be/7ne4GkZz1Sw , and at around 12:18, Paul Derosier is interviewed with a green 1941 Champion. I forwarded this to my friend, Dana Goodwin, who sent me back a note saying "I'm almost positive that's my Dad's old car!". I didn't have Paul's contact information, but a little sleuth work had me notice him wearing an Antique Studebaker Club t-shirt. Googling, I found a flyer for a 2016 ASC meet with all of Paul's info to send to Dana. Dana made contact and Paul confirmed it was the Goodwin's car (it even had the family name and phone number in the hubcaps- for when they frequently flew off!). Paul informed Dana that he had sold the car to a gentleman in Toronto in 2017. Dana made contact with the purchaser and was able to buy the car!

It's a great story and the family is very happy to have the car back home! I've also enrolled Dana in the SDC with a gift membership to have him 'hooked'!
    -Matt

1963 GT Hawk
    1960 Metropolitan Convertible
    1972 AMC Javelin/ AMX
    1956 Cushman Eagle

I have owned four of them. Currently have two. This was the first.

Click image for larger version

Name:	41 champ coupe my old.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	152.0 KB
ID:	1727918Click image for larger version

Name:	41 my green front.jpg
Size:	142.5 KB
ID:	1727919
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
      I have owned four of them. Currently have two. This was the first.
      Very cool! Same colors (or rather close) as my friend's. Is it me, or do they just seem like a "happy" car? Here's a picture of "Belle" coming home.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Belle Home.jpg
Size:	111.2 KB
ID:	1727945
      -Matt

1963 GT Hawk
      1960 Metropolitan Convertible
      1972 AMC Javelin/ AMX
      1956 Cushman Eagle

Comment

Working...