At my high school parking lot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At my high school parking lot

At Dreyfoos School of the Arts, my fellow students are really creative folks but are unfortunately rather lackluster with their automotive tastes. I have been trying to change that by being a missionary of the Church of The Old Car, spreading the good works of those of us whom are fanatical to design and anointed with engine oil. My Studebaker, as you can see, has been instrumental in doing this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	High School Parking Lot.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	140.7 KB
ID:	1760467

I have gotten at least one convert. Jack, a good buddy of mine, recently got himself a 1978 Datsun 280zx due to my exposing him to various vintage cars. It's super clean with little rust, burgundy paint, and a matching velour interior. It also had power windows, which I was really surprised at. I know that it isn't a Studebaker, but I have still made him a true-blue enthusiast!
    Last edited by Stude Shoo-wop!; 05-03-2019, 02:51 PM.
    Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Keep up the good work! Lovely hawk!
    Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Wow! That Hawk really does stand out in a Sea of Late Model Sedans and wanna-be SUV's!

Up here, those "Sedans" would be somewhat rare, in this weather there are lots of Subaru's and all wheel drive small and Large SUV's, EVERYWHERE! VERY ugly, driven by people with NO Taste!
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Cool done Jake!
        People ought to take care of old stuff instead of buying new, just make them undestand (ventilated in an other post here) that what ever used car they buy has old brakes & brakefluid should be renewed or else they'll have rusty/leaking/failing brakes sooner than they think...

Comment

Thanks for keeping the torch burning, Jake!
          Mike Davis
          1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

Good job Jake! My neighbours think I'm crazy because my daily driver is about 50 years old. New vehicles are vastly better yes, but ohh so boring. Every day I drive my truck or Studebaker its an adventure. One small nit pick about the Datsun...if its a '78 then its a 280Z, if it's a 280ZX then it has to be a '79 or newer, but no matter they are both fun cars. Cheers, Junior
            sigpic
            1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

My High School class had two Studebaker drivers, myself in a 55 Champion 4dr. and another fellow who drove a Silver Hawk...we had to constantly defend our Studebakers.....I will admit that as a teenager the 4dr. six cylinder Champion was a bit embarrassing to be seen in....
              Last edited by Lou Van Anne; 05-04-2019, 08:22 AM.
              Lou Van Anne
              62 Champ
              64 R2 GT Hawk
              79 Avanti II

Comment

My first introduction to a Studebaker was in High school with a friends really nice 55 Speedster, Lime and yellow with the Yellow interior. Yours look excellent, keep up the good work.
                Don Watson
                61 Hawk

Comment

High School, ya I remember the days well as I like to try and remember all the good old days and the fun and hell we got into. it was 1958 my junior year in West St. Paul, Minnesota that I got my first car a 1948 Studebaker Land cruise, got it because it was the cheapest car around $25.00, this car was nothing to look at and most of the time you could not see it from all the blue smoke that was belching out the set of home made duel exhaust I made. I don't remember any girls riding in it as most wouldn't get near it because it was one ugly car yug blue thrashed interior and no hood we lost that going down a farm road one winter night, when it let go we didn't even go back to pick it up, also the driver side front window was gone so every morning I would need to broom out all the snow from the night before. Even with all the snow piled up where the hood used to sit that old commander "6" fired right up and blow all the snow away, every day started out with my first stop at the local Pure oil station for 50 cents worth of gas (2-1/2 ) gal. and a free fill up drain oil in my 5 gal. can to make it through the day . As bad as the looked and smoked we made sure we had a working radio in it because with out a radio you were just not cool back then.The car never made it to my senior year when the starter took a dump and I didn't know how to fix or replace it I scrapped it for $15.00. Ya what a time we had in the good old days, never got pulled over for the smoke and for sure not for speeding. end of story my first Studebaker one of many to follow around 300 in total.
                  Candbstudebakers
                  Castro Valley,
                  California

Comment

Snazzy looking Hawk! Love that color.
                    edp/NC
                    \'63 Avanti
                    \'66 Commander

Comment

A Hawk amongst the jelly beans. Love it.
                      Ed Sallia
                      Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Working...
                      X