How cool is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How cool is this?

I've had some recent postings on here about the 65 Daytona Sport sedan I purchased. Today I was cleaning the trunk- removed the original spare tire and trunk mat- and found the crayon markings in the trunk from on the assembly line. Wow!! Can anyone tell me what the numbers 92 and either 58 or S8 mean from the line? Maybe I should not be excited about this but how many Studebakers out there still have this?
    Also, about the R2 engine I got to install in this car. It was sitting in a garage for over 40 years, untouched. I made a cradle-primed the engine with new oil and filter-put marvel mystery oil and 30w oil in the cylinders and tuned it by hand. Put gas in the carb and hooked up a battery, and believe this or not, this engine started before making one revolution. Amazing. Please let me know about the assembly line numbers.
    thanks
    Paul Lausch

Most every original car has crayon marking here and there. On the firewall, floors and the rest.Probably some obscure line code or inspection number.

JDP/Maryland
    63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
    spent to date $54664,75
    64 R2 GT (Sid)
    spent to date $62,839.60
    63 Lark 2 door
    57 wagon
    39 Coupe express
    JDP Maryland

Comment

Most every original car has crayon marking here and there. On the firewall, floors and the rest.Probably some obscure line code or inspection number.

JDP/Maryland
      63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
      spent to date $54664,75
      64 R2 GT (Sid)
      spent to date $62,839.60
      63 Lark 2 door
      57 wagon
      39 Coupe express
      JDP Maryland

Comment

I've never seen any chalk marks on the trunks of cars here. But then again, most have rusty trunks. Several of them though still have the firewall markings though.

The coolest one I've seen was on Craig's '63 Diesel. Maybe he won't mind if I post it.

Did they spell the word "Diesel" differently in 1963? [)]

Matthew Burnette
        '59 Scotsman
        '63 Daytona
        Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

I've never seen any chalk marks on the trunks of cars here. But then again, most have rusty trunks. Several of them though still have the firewall markings though.

The coolest one I've seen was on Craig's '63 Diesel. Maybe he won't mind if I post it.

Did they spell the word "Diesel" differently in 1963? [)]

Matthew Burnette
          '59 Scotsman
          '63 Daytona
          Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Working...
          X