1966 Power Tool Promotion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1966 Power Tool Promotion

I clearly remember a Studebaker promotion by the local dealers in the Bangor, Maine area in February 1966, where if you purchased a Studebaker you would get a "trunk full" of power tools - like a drill, saw, etc. This would have run in our local paper - Bangor Daily News. I was wondering if anybody remembers a similar promotion in their locations. I've done some web research and can't find any reference made to this promotion. It would be interesting to know if this was just local marketing, or a national ad campaign, as a last effort to boost Studebaker sales.
    1966 Daytona Sport Sedan - Richelieu Blue

My family received hundreds of dollars worth of promotional goods following placing our order for a new 1966 Commander. I clearly recall how mom was excited about unexpectedly receiving a new South Bend roaster, which she used and cherished for the rest of her days.
    But our purchase was all about Studebaker's, as dad, an extremely loyal Studebaker owner had purchased a new one every 2 or 3 years from his 20s on. He never did find another make or model that gave him the satisfaction and pride of ownership that he enjoyed with his Studebaker's.

Comment

There was a promotion in ‘66 they had catalogs with stuff you could get , kinda like S&H stamps back in the day. I have a couple of these catalogs.
      sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Working...
      X