Stude Ad No. 2 - much better...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stude Ad No. 2 - much better...

After taking a look at the reaction from last time, it was clear that I needed to step up my marketing game. Time for Round Two!

We at the Studebaker Corporation have experienced much over the 107 years we have been in business thus far. First there were the wagons that carried us through the Civil War and WWI. Then once WWII came about the South Bend works sprang to life to make soon-to-be-Soviet US6 trucks, capable offroad Weasels, and hurriedly-assembled Curtiss-Wright Cyclone aircraft engines. Just recently, when the Korean war transpired, we also made licensed copies of
    General Electric J47 jet engines.

See a pattern here? Everything's getting so very complex! In less time than the average person works in his life, we have gone from wagons to jet engines! Luckily, we have come up with a solution if only out of pure desperation. We took a Sawzall to the front and rear of a 1958 Champion sedan, slapped on some barely sculpted sheet metal, and called it the "all-new" Lark for 1959. Simplicity itself! Our Europeanized American car with the ability to take both of them on also has a simple price tag: $2000.00 and a few legally binding signatures. Likewise, our bodystyles are simple. Two-door sedan, four-door sedan, two-door coupe, and two-door wagon. That's it, Schmidt. Our engine choices can simply be counted on one hand. Standard 170 cu. flathead straight six and optional 259 cu. overhead valve V8. Yes, in this ever-more complicated world, it is nice to know that there is still a simple car out there. It's at your local Studebaker dealer so go ahead and live life simply!

Click image for larger version

Name:	1959 Lark.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	1760429
    Last edited by Stude Shoo-wop!; 04-25-2019, 03:20 PM.
    Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Three transmission choices as well.
    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Originally posted by Stude Shoo-wop! View Post
      Likewise, our bodystyles are simple. Two-door sedan, four-door sedan, and two-door wagon.
      You forgot the two door hardtop.

Craig

Comment

I would nix the graphic description of WWII exploding, etc. No ad copy writer would put those words in something describing their product.
        Ed Sallia
        Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Yes WWII was bloody and deadly, but you would not want to be THAT descriptive.
          Freedom is never cheap.
          Studebaker used terms like: "we helped with the War effort".
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

It wasn't called WWI until WWII was well underway.
            I do not think that "hurriedly-assembled" belongs there. It leaves the impression of being thrown together.
            The saw that you refer to as "sawzall" is a brand name and should be Sawzall.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Well this whole thing went pear shaped, fast. I made most of the corrections you all suggested at least.
              Last edited by Stude Shoo-wop!; 04-25-2019, 03:33 PM.
              Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

Originally posted by Stude Shoo-wop! View Post
                Well this whole thing went pear shaped, fast. I made most of the corrections you all suggested at least.
                This is a tough crowd. Keep having fun, Jake.

Comment

Yup, tough crowd......but we are all having fun at a new take on a Studebaker subject (that does not take up garage space)! Sherm / 63R1089

Comment

I like your style and ad copy - droll and funny...keep up the good work

Comment

Love that Lark! Right size, at the right time, for the right price.
                      I want to order a new red Lark VII TODAY!

Comment

Originally posted by Jessie J. View Post
                        Love that Lark! Right size, at the right time, for the right price.
                        I want to order a new red Lark VII TODAY!
                        You can have the seven cylinder model. I will stick with the V8.
                        Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                        X