Two '54 Conestoga Wagon Projects Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two '54 Conestoga Wagon Projects Available

My friend Mel France has two '54 Conestoga Champion wagons, plus most of a third one that he has realized that he will never get to. One is a complete car, minus a piece of quarter panel that was cut out by a previous owner. The other is a car that I had and was working on several years ago. Mel bought it from me 4 years ago. I was building a good driver when I was distracted by something else. The car has most suspension components, finned brakes and TT Dana 44 rear end from a '64 Cruiser. It has a Turner dual master cylinder conversion and all new brake lines. The frame has been cleaned up and painted, the floors have been repaired. Mel also has many body panels and pieces from a third Conestoga. These are pretty rare cars, here is a chance to get most of what you need to build a nice one, or maybe even two. You can see the progress I was making on the one I sold him here:

This our 1954 Studebaker Conestoga. It will be my retirement project starting in Early 2012. In the mean time I will be planning and gathering "stuff" for it. I finally got started seriously working on the Conestoga in late summer 2013. In the mean time I was removing parts from the 1964 Studebaker donor car that I will be using to improve the Conestoga. Those include the engine, Rear axle, complete front suspension and 11 inch finned drum brakes. The rest of the Cruiser was sold to help finance the project, and the shell was donated to a local automotive school.

If this sounds like something you are interested in, send me a private message and I will give you Mel's contact info. He is a reasonable guy.

Pat
    Pat Dilling
    Olivehurst, CA
    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Hey Pat -

Don't know if it'll help, but if you want, put your note up here too. Not a ton of traffic lately, but who knows.

Mike

Comment

Anybody know if someone has ever made a Starlight coupe into a "Conestoga?" Surely, someone must have over the years. Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Xcalibur View Post
        Anybody know if someone has ever made a Starlight coupe into a "Conestoga?" Surely, someone must have over the years. Just curious.
        I guess you mean a 53-54 Starlight? Somewhere I have a street rod magazine that featured a 54 Conestoga that had the longer C/K front end adapted. It was a lot of work, but a beautiful car. I have not seen a mention of it since that time.
        "In the heart of Arkansas."
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

I am currently in the process of finishing up my '53 wagon project. '53 starlight coupe with a Conestoga 2 door wagon roof. Will be putting the glass in it this week and then start upholstery after that. Will get some pictures of its current stage of construction when I am able to roll it out of my garage were I can get an overall picture of it. This has been a lot of work over a 5 year project but should be done within the next 3 months. I have posted previously several under construction pics under the title "53 Wagon" or you can search posts under the "Cruzzar" name.

Comment

Ah... I wish, I wish, I wish I were a fish... "Be careeeeeful Mr. Limpet!" Yeah, if wishes were fishes no one would starve too. Still wish I wasn't busy spending so much money on Spartans and had the cash for this project! This wagon looks to be in better condition than mine! I LOVE the '54 Connies!

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
            Ron Smith
            Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Working...
            X