Question on Avanti shop manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on Avanti shop manual

Would the Studebaker Avanti shop manual be helpful when working on The body and interior of the Newman Altman Avantis ? Thanks in advance!
    Jamie McLeod
    Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
    1958 Commander "Christine"
    1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
    1955 Commander Sedan
    1964 Champ
    1960 Lark

Yes. The early Avanti IIs were nearly all Studebaker (except the engine, of course). As time went by, Avanti Motors had to source more and more parts from elsewhere, so less and less of the Avanti shop manual was relevant. But I have still found it to be pretty useful for my 74.
    Skip Lackie

Comment

Skip is correct but where the manual starts to have trouble pretty quickly are items like wiring and under dash components. A lot of additional information is available on Bob Johnstone's site. But the manual is still my go-to item on both my 74 and 83.

Wander around and you'll find a lot of additional information.

Bob

Comment

The Manuals should be EVERYONE'S first buy, even if just remotely close to the specific vehicle!

Comment

Went back and read the original question, which focused on body and interior -- and the answer to that question would be absolutely yes. Nearly all of the Stude shop manual info on body and interior is still applicable to my 74, and things didn't change much until the Blake era. Aside from the engine and associated accessories, the area where the Stude manual is least useful is on wiring and electrics. Avanti Motors wired their cars themselves and used their own (constantly changing?) color coding.
          Skip Lackie

Comment

Working...
          X