Barrett Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barrett Jackson

Down at Barrett Jackson and saw Ed Ellis's car in the tents. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3118.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	144.6 KB
ID:	1760325Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3116.JPG
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	1760326Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3114.JPG
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	1760327 It is coming up tomorrow. I also saw an 84 Avanti that sold today for $5500. Also saw a nice 1933 Packard. I will get a picture tomorrow. Too many people around it to get a good one today.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3102.JPG
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	1760328
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten." -B Franklin

Name:	IMG_3118.jpg
Size:	144.6 KB
ID:	1727586

Name:	IMG_3116.jpg
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	1727583

Name:	IMG_3114.jpg
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	1727584

Name:	IMG_3102.jpg
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	1727585
    Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

I HOPE he puts a reserve on it...

Comment

Originally posted by 345 DeSoto View Post
        I HOPE he puts a reserve on it...
        I thought that in the other topic on this K body at auction, it stated that it was going at no reserve. I do not believe that you can change this after consignment. Of course you can bid it up or have someone bid it up and pay the commission if you end up with the high bid.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Even with the buyer's premium bringing that Avanti up to $6050, I still believe that it was a few thousand under current market. It is likely that we will see it for sale by some dealer (or individual) shortly. Or perhaps someone just got a good buy on a car that they wanted.

EDIT: Or did you mean that the high bid was $5K and the BP brought it up to $5500. That would make it an even better deal. Did you buy it? I would have if I was there with a bidder's number.
          Last edited by studegary; 04-11-2019, 07:36 PM.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

I'd never sell a Studebaker without a reserve... Cheapens the Marquee.
            and if BJ don't like it, they can give me a BJ!

Comment

The 1953 sold at a hammer price of $30K or $33K with BP. It went to an older guy. The next car was a 1954 Mercury convertible with an older restoration that sold for $47K or $51.7 with BP. The 1953 brought slightly more than I expected.
              Last edited by studegary; 04-12-2019, 09:05 AM. Reason: straighten out spacing
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Yup, the 53 went for $30K. I thought it would be between $20-30K. Bidding was fast and furious up to $25 and then stalled out. That car purrs like a kitten with that Hemi in there. It is amazing how smooth it runs. I am glad I was there to see it go across the block.
                "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten." -B Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                  Even with the buyer's premium bringing that Avanti up to $6050, I still believe that it was a few thousand under current market. It is likely that we will see it for sale by some dealer (or individual) shortly. Or perhaps someone just got a good buy on a car that they wanted.

EDIT: Or did you mean that the high bid was $5K and the BP brought it up to $5500. That would make it an even better deal. Did you buy it? I would have if I was there with a bidder's number.
                  $5500 plus fees. Well bought. It was not a stunner, but a nice driver.

Comment

$30K for Ed’s car is, well... disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
                      $30K for Ed’s car is, well... disappointing.
                      Yep I figured maybe 50 to 60k ....bet he had 30 in the motor
                      sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

I know the previous owner of the 4 door Avanti, he tells me he sold it last year or maybe the year before for $12K

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs K Corbin View Post
                          I'd never sell a Studebaker without a reserve... Cheapens the Marquee.
                          and if BJ don't like it, they can give me a BJ!
                          Obviously you don’t understand how it works. At B-J you have to sell at no reserve if you want to be in their sale. They do make very rare exceptions for an occasional seven figure piece, but even that’s rare. They had 1800 cars in Scottsdale this year and only 3 were allowed to have a reserve. Not a single thing wrong with it.

If one wants to sell with a reserve, there are plenty of other auctions where you can choose to do so. B-J has the product that brings the highest number of buyers, so to get in front of them you agree to their system. Or not. It’s everybody’s free will to choose whether to accept their terms, or go somewhere else.

As for cheapening the marque (not Marquee), that’s nonsense. Being accepted at B-J alongside the popular cars can only be a plus. .
                          Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                          Romans 15:13
                          Deuteronomy 31:6
                          Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by 2R5 View Post
                            Yep I figured maybe 50 to 60k ....bet he had 30 in the motor
                            The bright side is, he can know he got real market value. What was spent on it means absolutely nothing when it comes time to sell.
                            Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                            Romans 15:13
                            Deuteronomy 31:6
                            Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Auctions are filled with vehicles that sell for far less than what was invested.
                              Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Working...
                              X