1958 Golden Hawk Registry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1958 Golden Hawk Registry

I have been trying to find the 58 Golden Hawk registry and says not available. Does anyone know what happened to it?

Denny L

I started the 58 owners rooster and for years maintained. Then a member from Canada I believe asked if he could continue the maintenance . I had just under 90 registered owners for several years
    Sorry I can't think who I gave all my information to . Joe Parsons

Joe Parsons

Comment

I have the 58 Golden Hawk Registry with one update in the last year. I have not gotten it on line yet. PM me with your requests, happy to add/reply.
      Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Green53 View Post
        I have been trying to find the 58 Golden Hawk registry and says not available. Does anyone know what happened to it?

Denny L
        I hope that you have better luck with your 58 Registry that We have had with our 55 Speedster one. It seems a kinda cycle, someone starts it and there is a flurry of activity for a while, the starter person then loses interest, gets sick or just ages out and the entire work product is lost; IMHO the way we are doing it is very wrong. Registries should be online. Perhaps on our forum under a separate heading of "registries". The great majority of info is gathered in the first 12 or 18 months and at that time it should be made public with rules as to how to add or edit it.

The foolish way these Registries are now run put the info at risk of being forever lost due to computer crashes, sickness etc.

Once online a moderator could then administer the info and everyone could see it; the question is, " if the information cannot be found or seen then what use is it."

This loss of valuable, historical data should be addressed.

Murray
        Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

http://sites.google.com/site/intrigu...tivehistories/

(/url) https://goo.gl/photos/ABBDQLgZk9DyJGgr5

Comment

Originally posted by stall View Post
          I hope that you have better luck with your 58 Registry that We have had with our 55 Speedster one. It seems a kinda cycle, someone starts it and there is a flurry of activity for a while, the starter person then loses interest, gets sick or just ages out and the entire work product is lost; IMHO the way we are doing it is very wrong. Registries should be online. Perhaps on our forum under a separate heading of "registries". The great majority of info is gathered in the first 12 or 18 months and at that time it should be made public with rules as to how to add or edit it.

The foolish way these Registries are now run put the info at risk of being forever lost due to computer crashes, sickness etc.

Once online a moderator could then administer the info and everyone could see it; the question is, " if the information cannot be found or seen then what use is it."

This loss of valuable, historical data should be addressed.

Murray
          There is someone else that has been keeping a 1955 Speedster Registry for years. He is not on this SDC Forum, but he recently posted an update on the AOAI Forum. He is up to 336 1955 Speedsters on his registry.
          Last edited by studegary; 04-10-2019, 06:32 PM. Reason: inserted correct/actual number.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
            There is someone else that has been keeping a 1955 Speedster Registry for years. He is not on this SDC Forum, but he recently posted an update on the AOAI Forum. He is up to 336 1955 Spedsters on his registry.
            Here is the link to his thread regarding the Speedster Registry when he used to be on the Forum: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ight=speedster

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
              Here is the link to his thread regarding the Speedster Registry when he used to be on the Forum: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ight=speedster

Craig
              Thanks Guys, I appreciate your help but this just proves my point. Looking up the info on a registry that everyone added data to should not be akin to looking for a pirates buried treasure; a registry should be as open and informative as our Forum or it's a waste of time in my opinion. As to the Speedster Registry, I am willing to bet you that no one will ever see it and that's just sad for an organization that prides itself on maintaining the history of our Marque.

Best Regards, Murray
              Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

http://sites.google.com/site/intrigu...tivehistories/

(/url) https://goo.gl/photos/ABBDQLgZk9DyJGgr5

Comment

I hope to have the 58 GH Registry on line in the same fashion as I have the Wagonaire Registry which you can find at:

wagonaire.info

I have a few more things to add to the Wagonaire Registry and then I hope to clone it and use the same format for the GHs.

Comment

Originally posted by stall View Post
                  Thanks Guys, I appreciate your help but this just proves my point. Looking up the info on a registry that everyone added data to should not be akin to looking for a pirates buried treasure; a registry should be as open and informative as our Forum or it's a waste of time in my opinion. As to the Speedster Registry, I am willing to bet you that no one will ever see it and that's just sad for an organization that prides itself on maintaining the history of our Marque.

Best Regards, Murray
                  Your comments about pirates searching for buried treasure also applies to your posting about a 1955 Speedster Registry under the 1958 Golden Hawk Registry heading.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Denny L
                    Hi Denny:
                    I hope this doesn't cause some consternation because I need to briefly mention the 1956 GH Owners Register. I decided you and other 1958 Golden Hawk owners deserved an explanation.

In 2009, Joe Parsons asked for help on setting up a 1958 GH Register. I did a web page for him and placed it on my 1956 GH web site. I also created a 1958 GH Message Forum for Joe. A couple of years ago, someone said Joe wasn't doing that Register anymore. I asked Joe and he confirmed. So I removed it from my site. That is the web page that you got your error on. That link needs to be corrected (eliminated) on the SDC web site registries page at: http://studebakerdriversclub.com/registries.asp

Someone named Nick Dynis took over the 1958 GH Register and I see from a previous post that he is handling it now with the idea of doing some type of on-line setup. I've decided not to get involved with any other registers because so many usually don't go anywhere, and I end up with a mess.

I don't think anyone monitors, or uses it, but the 1958 GH Message Forum is still alive at:
                    Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

I'm not sure Nick even know about this. I just checked it and only about 30 messages were posted since 2009, with the last messages posted in 2016. I, along with Joe Parsons, are the co-owners (and monitors) of this 1958 GH Message Forum.

If someone wants to manage it, I could make them an owner which would allow them to invite new members, cancel memberships, and basically, play God. I would think Nick would be the obvious choice, but there can be more than one owner/monitor. I'll just remove me as one of the owners, and butt out!

I'm not doing anything with it, and don't plan to in the future.

I hope this helps.
                    Frank Ambrogio
                    Last edited by 56sghor; 04-13-2019, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Danny L,

I know what you are asking-you want a 1958 GH registry, inclusive of all the cars, their owners and locations. It just doesn't work that way, everything is in constant state of flux. Ownership changes, new cars are discovered, and moderators, willing to do the work, come and go.

Murray,

You have have the 21st Century solution to a fifty plus year conundrum. The 55 Speedster registry dates way back in the early 80's. Thankfully there has always been someone willing to take charge of the project, when the previous steward becomes unable to carry on. So am I hearing that you are willing now to take the next step to providing a long term solution?

Remember that not everyone is ready or willing to have his/her personal information open to public viewing. I suppose that having the information in the registry, without ownership information, would be a short term solution. However what happens when an anonymous owner sells or passes. It seems as though the investigative process would often have to start anew.

By putting in 1955 Speedster in the advanced search box I was able to access more information then I wanted to read. That included the compilation of over thirty years of research information. The steward of the Speedster register is no longer on the SDC forum, but I understand that he still resides on the AOAI form. Good luck.

Bill

Comment

Thanks Frank & Murray.. I have a printout from 2014 and my car is there. George Krem and I recently swapped cars with him taking my 64 Daytona convertible.

Denny Lockmon

Comment

Thanks Frank & Murray.. I have a printout from 2014 and my car is there. George Krem and I recently swapped cars with him taking my 64 Daytona convertible.

Denny Lockmon
                          Denny - Does that mean that you now have what I consider to be Asa Hall's Golden Hawk? I first saw Asa with that car in 1969.
                          Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Denny Lockmon
                            Denny: Would you mind sending me a copy of the printout you have from 2014? I would like to see how it compares to my current list.

Frank: You are correct, I had no idea that the 1958 GH Message Forum existed.
                            Thanks! Nick

Comment

Nick
                              Yes I can do that.
                              Denny

Comment

Working...
                              X