Winter driving round 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter driving round 2

After last week I didn't think I'd get another opportunity to take another winter picture of my car. Well surprise yesterday we had snow and freezing rain again. Art's trick of standing on the third step of a ladder to take pictures of a car works pretty good.

Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO
    President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
    Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO

Yes it does.

1961 Hawk 4BC,4-SPEED,TT

Ken Byrd
    Lewisville,NC
    1961 Hawk ...4-Speed;4bc;Twin Traction

Ken Byrd
    Lewisville,NC

Comment

Yes it does.

1961 Hawk 4BC,4-SPEED,TT

Ken Byrd
      Lewisville,NC
      1961 Hawk ...4-Speed;4bc;Twin Traction

Ken Byrd
      Lewisville,NC

Comment

Absolutely, Gary. You can't beat a ladder to drop out background and add prestige to automobile photography. (I take it you were able to get enough traction to put it away between these to photo shoots; last week's and this week's? [:0][}])

And that's a beautiful Starliner, too! BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Absolutely, Gary. You can't beat a ladder to drop out background and add prestige to automobile photography. (I take it you were able to get enough traction to put it away between these to photo shoots; last week's and this week's? [:0][}])

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

That IS a stunning photo! Next time, get out the rake, and smooth out the footprints and tire tracks in the snow!!

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

That IS a stunning photo! Next time, get out the rake, and smooth out the footprints and tire tracks in the snow!!

Comment

Simply beautiful! I don't have to Photoshop any camping trailers out of that one!

Should be on the cover of TW

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Simply beautiful! I don't have to Photoshop any camping trailers out of that one!

Should be on the cover of TW

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Yes I made it in and out of the garage better this time. The tires did not spin this time.
                    The foot prints in the snow are foot prints in ice. In fact all the white on the ground is ice covered snow strong enough to not be able to leave a foot print. The foot prints on the drive were made yesterday before the ice. The car did not leave any tire tracks going out or into the garage. The tire tracks are from my truck parking there from last night. When I got home last night the tires were warm enough to leave a print in the ice.

Gary Sanders
                    Nixa, MO
                    President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
                    Gary Sanders
                    Nixa, MO

Comment

Yes I made it in and out of the garage better this time. The tires did not spin this time.
                      The foot prints in the snow are foot prints in ice. In fact all the white on the ground is ice covered snow strong enough to not be able to leave a foot print. The foot prints on the drive were made yesterday before the ice. The car did not leave any tire tracks going out or into the garage. The tire tracks are from my truck parking there from last night. When I got home last night the tires were warm enough to leave a print in the ice.

Gary Sanders
                      Nixa, MO
                      Gary Sanders
                      Nixa, MO

Comment

Gary you must be building your muscles up pushing that car in and out of the garage. Great picture.

7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2
                        As soon as you find a product you like they will stop making it.

Comment

Gary you must be building your muscles up pushing that car in and out of the garage. Great picture.

7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2
                          As soon as you find a product you like they will stop making it.

Comment

That picture is a TW cover if I've ever seen one. Just stunning!

Matthew Burnette
                            '59 Scotsman
                            '63 Daytona
                            Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

That picture is a TW cover if I've ever seen one. Just stunning!

Matthew Burnette
                              '59 Scotsman
                              '63 Daytona
                              Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Working...
                              X