Fading oldies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fading oldies

I went to a local wrecking yard yesterday. Primarily I was there to see if I could find a better left seat than one I'd gotten out of a Chrysler 5th Ave. last year.
    These help-yourself yards don't retain their stock more than a couple of months so it was a bit of a surprize to find a couple of bee-bop era cars still showing up!
    First thing I came across was some sort of old step-van. Had to be 50s era tho I couldn't find an ID plate or name script anywhere on it. It sported a flathead 6 an a floor shift manual trans. The old Stromberg carb still had it's oil bath air cleaner intact!
    Next thing I found was about a 69 or 70 Grand Prix and right after that, A 60 Dodge Seneca 2-dr with a slant 6. What was most surprizing tho, was the '58 Ford Fairlane hardtop! Lots of it was missing, but it's engine and aft portion were still there for the most part.
    And just to include some Stude content, the metal recycling yard next to this place has a '61 Lark VIII 4dr that they've set to the side to save. It's not for sale, but at least it's been saved. For company it has 2 '62 Ford T-birds - one coupe and one ragtop.[^]

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Bob, Grab that engine if it is the 332 it would have the FE adjustable rockers. The Ford guys are paying $300 or so a set for those rockers.
    On that 58 HT.

Comment

Bob, Grab that engine if it is the 332 it would have the FE adjustable rockers. The Ford guys are paying $300 or so a set for those rockers.
      On that 58 HT.

Comment

Thanks for the tip Alan. I'll have a look-see when I go back in a couple days.

Miscreant adrift in
        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Thanks for the tip Alan. I'll have a look-see when I go back in a couple days.

Miscreant adrift in
          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe

Comment

Get a pic of the step van if you can.

Dwain G.
            Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Get a pic of the step van if you can.

Dwain G.
              Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Working...
              X