No announcement yet.

Looking for a Studebaker mechanic (professional) in the Fort Lauderdale area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a Studebaker mechanic (professional) in the Fort Lauderdale area

The gent who bought the 56 Golden Hawk at the recent RM auction in Fort Lauderdale just emailed me. He's looking for a professional in the FLL area that can take care of his new treasure. It doesn't need anything as yet, but is looking to long term maintenance.
    Any suggestions?

thx

Oy!.... Now I find out that the new owner.... is 18 years old...... knows nothing about cars..... and is going to .... drive the car from FLL to Connecticut in a few days. Going to use it as his "College ride"...

Anyone have access to one of those "GloveBox guides" that SDC put out a few years back? He may need it..
    Last edited by 64V-K7; 04-02-2019, 02:58 PM. Reason: More info
    64 GT Hawk (K7)
    1970 Avanti (R3)

Not in or near Ft. Lauderdale but an excellent Stude wrench in the Tallahassee/Big Bend area is George Klutkowski. Matt Burnette would have his contact info, and I'm sure George will come highly recommended by many. Bill

Comment

Markham Motors is just West of the Ocala area, and can handle all types of maintenance, repair and over haul services, plus NOS, NORS, new and used parts.
      Bo

Comment

I've found that most shops don't want to work on Studebakers......
        Lou Van Anne
        62 Champ
        64 R2 GT Hawk
        79 Avanti II

Comment

It seems like he will need a Studebaker mechanic in Connecticut and perhaps along the route from Florida to Connecticut. Or, he could just sell the car to me when he gets it up here.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

This shop has a great following in Westbrook, Connecticut. Cardone and Daughter host great cruise-ins spring and fall and are great car people. http://www.cardoneanddaughterautomotive.com/
            "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

This is one of the things we love to do. Old cars are beautiful artwork with grossly outdated systems. I wish he was near me, we would make sure he had disc brakes, dual master, fuel injection, electronic ignition, quality tires and wheels, and a wiring harness that has been carefully examined from end to end. We would upgrade the lighting to LEDs, refresh pumps, hoses, and gaskets, and carefully check every system.

In my opinion the future of the hobby as a whole is the restomod – preserving classic cars but updating them to drive like modern ones.
              Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
              Romans 15:13
              Deuteronomy 31:6
              Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Kiss that baby goodby!!!......use as a daily driver:-(
                Originally posted by 64V-K7 View Post
                The gent who bought the 56 Golden Hawk at the recent RM auction in Fort Lauderdale just emailed me. He's looking for a professional in the FLL area that can take care of his new treasure. It doesn't need anything as yet, but is looking to long term maintenance.
                Any suggestions?

thx

Oy!.... Now I find out that the new owner.... is 18 years old...... knows nothing about cars..... and is going to .... drive the car from FLL to Connecticut in a few days. Going to use it as his "College ride"...

Anyone have access to one of those "GloveBox guides" that SDC put out a few years back? He may need it..
                - - - Updated - - -

Lou, then those individuals are morons!
                Originally posted by Lou Van Anne View Post
                I've found that most shops don't want to work on Studebakers......

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Markham View Post
                  Markham Motors is just West of the Ocala area, and can handle all types of maintenance, repair and over haul services, plus NOS, NORS, new and used parts.

Thanks Bo, I'll put you on a list and get it to him, prior to his departure
                  64 GT Hawk (K7)
                  1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

So, did anyone take a look at this car on the RM site? Quite a prize @ 27K. Appears to be redone, but no idea how long it's been sitting. No power steering and a stick with OD. There's a good chance this gambit will work without a hitch!
                    64 GT Hawk (K7)
                    1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Working...
                    X