Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone tell me the errors in this listing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone tell me the errors in this listing?

I can't remember ever leaving a negative comment here about anyone on ebay. ("Constructive criticism" maybe, but never "negative")

But I bought one DVD from this guy and it was terrible. (E-mail me for details) I finally got my money back from PayPal, (not from him) and I still had to pay return postage. But by then it was too late to leave negative feedback.

He must have hundreds of sales movies/film strips but his execution leaves a lot to be desired. In my e-mails to PayPal, I called him "Idiot-vision."

In THIS instance not only does he have some of his facts screwed up, but in my opinion, his grammar, punctuation and spelling have lots of room for improvement, too. Good luck with this guy.

John

I know these things can be aggravating, but perhaps just walking away with a notice for others that the guy is to be avoided will save you a lot of grief. Its easy for me to say that its only $25, but thanks for the heads up on a ripoff.
    sals54

Comment

I know these things can be aggravating, but perhaps just walking away with a notice for others that the guy is to be avoided will save you a lot of grief. Its easy for me to say that its only $25, but thanks for the heads up on a ripoff.
      sals54

Comment

its a shame that people that dont have a clue as to the truth can put out garbage that younger people take as fact

Comment

its a shame that people that dont have a clue as to the truth can put out garbage that younger people take as fact

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studeefrek

Welcome to the internet

And from the seller's eBay listing: "Golden Hawk with the 352 supercharged engine..."[B)][xx(][V]

KURTRUK
            (read it backwards)
            KURTRUK
            (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studeefrek

Welcome to the internet

And from the seller's eBay listing: "Golden Hawk with the 352 supercharged engine..."[B)][xx(][V]

KURTRUK
              (read it backwards)
              KURTRUK
              (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Some observations from this seller's feedback: It shows one other buyer of your DVD, and they wrote "great item, highly recommend seller". No negatives, but one neutral showing that didn't like the video, but hundreds that had good things to say- including several that have "stude" in their eBay name. Also several repeat buyers. And, several feedbacks are "private", even though the feedback is good.

What's it all mean? I don't know. I had thought about buying from him in the past, but was unnerved about paying 20 bucks or more to someone with a description all in caps, and with spelling/grammar errors. I had a hard time believing it could be worth that anyway. But apparently hudreds of folks liked them.

John, would you share your impressions with us here? Would be good info for us all to have.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that parking is a pleasure, traffic is a breeze, turning's no trick at all, and happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

Some observations from this seller's feedback: It shows one other buyer of your DVD, and they wrote "great item, highly recommend seller". No negatives, but one neutral showing that didn't like the video, but hundreds that had good things to say- including several that have "stude" in their eBay name. Also several repeat buyers. And, several feedbacks are "private", even though the feedback is good.

What's it all mean? I don't know. I had thought about buying from him in the past, but was unnerved about paying 20 bucks or more to someone with a description all in caps, and with spelling/grammar errors. I had a hard time believing it could be worth that anyway. But apparently hudreds of folks liked them.

John, would you share your impressions with us here? Would be good info for us all to have.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                  Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that parking is a pleasure, traffic is a breeze, turning's no trick at all, and happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

A few years ago, at the Rhinebeck (NY) show, I bought a tape about the development of the Lark from a guy who was selling all kinds of VCR tapes. It was lousy!!! What it was was a poor copy of one of the tapes sold by Studebaker Int'l. I learned my lesson and only buy the tapes/DVDs from Stude Int'l.
                    Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                    Smithtown,NY
                    Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

A few years ago, at the Rhinebeck (NY) show, I bought a tape about the development of the Lark from a guy who was selling all kinds of VCR tapes. It was lousy!!! What it was was a poor copy of one of the tapes sold by Studebaker Int'l. I learned my lesson and only buy the tapes/DVDs from Stude Int'l.
                      Rog

Smithtown,NY
                      Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

OK, here goes. The DVD I ordered was supposed to be comparative movies/slideshows for the Corvair. I had sold Fords in 1960 and we had a very good slideshow comparing the Falcon and the Corvair. I e-mailed him before buying the DVD specifically asking him about that particular slideshow. He assured me it was part of the DVD. When I received the DVD, not only was that particular item NOT on the DVD, most of the DVD compared other brands to each other, not Corvairs. Ie, Comets to Valiants or Ramblers to Falcons. There was a very short item about Corvair trucks but even that was cut up so badly it was almost impossible to get any sense out of it. And the others were so poorly put together, including having one movie TWICE, but in pieces, so one started, did not finish but just stopped in the middle, then the other began. I hesitate to use the word...but it was complete CAA CAA!

I e-mailed him, asking him about the problems I had, not only with the presentation but also the movies themselves. His only response was "mail them back, I'll refund your money." I wrote back, saying, basically, I felt I should not have to pay return postage on CAA CAA.

He was adamant, not only did he say he would NOT pay return postage, he gave me a deadline to get it back to hiom. So I took it up with PayPal. I finally paid the postage and did send it back but by that time, it was past HIS deadline, so PayPal paid me.

And frankly, I think that may be the reason he doesn't have more negative. If you go thru PayPal, it takes almost 2 months and by then you can't leave feedback.

I would not buy DOLLAR BILLS FOR A NICKEL from this guy.

John

Comment

OK, here goes. The DVD I ordered was supposed to be comparative movies/slideshows for the Corvair. I had sold Fords in 1960 and we had a very good slideshow comparing the Falcon and the Corvair. I e-mailed him before buying the DVD specifically asking him about that particular slideshow. He assured me it was part of the DVD. When I received the DVD, not only was that particular item NOT on the DVD, most of the DVD compared other brands to each other, not Corvairs. Ie, Comets to Valiants or Ramblers to Falcons. There was a very short item about Corvair trucks but even that was cut up so badly it was almost impossible to get any sense out of it. And the others were so poorly put together, including having one movie TWICE, but in pieces, so one started, did not finish but just stopped in the middle, then the other began. I hesitate to use the word...but it was complete CAA CAA!

I e-mailed him, asking him about the problems I had, not only with the presentation but also the movies themselves. His only response was "mail them back, I'll refund your money." I wrote back, saying, basically, I felt I should not have to pay return postage on CAA CAA.

He was adamant, not only did he say he would NOT pay return postage, he gave me a deadline to get it back to hiom. So I took it up with PayPal. I finally paid the postage and did send it back but by that time, it was past HIS deadline, so PayPal paid me.

And frankly, I think that may be the reason he doesn't have more negative. If you go thru PayPal, it takes almost 2 months and by then you can't leave feedback.

I would not buy DOLLAR BILLS FOR A NICKEL from this guy.

John

Comment

Working...
                          X