Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Drag Race

Studebakers at the Bean

A Studebaker, Avanti, Packard, Nash, Hudson Kaiser, Frazier, and all other orphan makes
    Drag Race will be held Sunday May 18, 2008 at Brown County Dragway. BCD located at 4100 Gatesville Road, Bean Blossom. Take Indiana135 five miles North of Nashville IN (or five miles south of Morgantown IN) to Bean Blossom IN. Then take Gatesville Road one mile east from Bean Blossom. We are about 2 hours from Cincinnati, and 1 hour south of Indianapolis.

All skill and performance levels are welcome and encouraged to attend. Experience how much fun racing can be. This is a 1/8 mile outlaw track where spectators sit close to the track and enjoy the racing. Sit in the bleachers or bring your own chairs and cheer on your favorite drivers. Picnicking welcome, or buy food at the snack bar. Nearby camping and motels. Also lodging at beautiful Brown County State Park, http://www.browncountystatepark.com/ only 7 miles from the track. Shopping, dinning, and antiquing in quaint downtown Nashville. http://www.browncounty.org/Roserichpoe@att.net, or call Richard at 812-988-2008, or check out the track website at www.browncountydragway.com.

We hope to have a good turnout of Studebakers and other orphan makes at this event. All cars will need to pass a tech inspection to race. A combination spectator & pit pass is $7.00. Sportsman racers are $25.00. Track opens at 9:00 AM practice at 11:00, racing at 2:00PM.
    Disclaimer: Activities or participation in any activities at Brown County Dragway are not sponsored, endorsed, or in any way sanctioned by The Studebaker Drivers Club, Inc or the Indy Chapter SDC. Attending or participating in drag racing events is entirely at your own risk.

Richard
    The annual all Studebaker Nationals and Orphan Car Drag Race is Saturday May 27th 2017 9:00 am at Brown County Dragway in Bean Blossom, Indiana. "Studebaker Drag Racing you can't beat it" For more information contact Richard Poe

Hey Richard,
    Wish I could be there. My daughter and I will have our hands full here at our home track. It would be nice to compete against the other orphan makes. I'll be looking forward to seeing your time slips and lots of pics.[8D]

Gordon

Comment

The annual all Studebaker Nationals and Orphan Car Drag Race is Saturday May 27th 2017 9:00 am at Brown County Dragway in Bean Blossom, Indiana. "Studebaker Drag Racing you can't beat it" For more information contact Richard Poe

Comment

Richard, thanks a bunch for getting the strip and organizing this. We plan to be there but don't know for sure with what yet. I may try to bring the Tomato and '51 both but not sure. I'm pretty sure the Avanti will not be ready by then.

Thanks again.

Ted

quote:Originally posted by 63larkr1

Studebakers at the Bean

A Studebaker, Avanti, Packard, Nash, Hudson Kaiser, Frazier, and all other orphan makes
        Drag Race will be held Sunday May 18, 2008 at Brown County Dragway. BCD located at 4100 Gatesville Road, Bean Blossom. Take 135 five miles North of Nashville IN (or five miles south of Morgantown IN) to Bean Blossom IN. Then take Gatesville Road one mile east from Bean Blossom. We are about 2 hours from Cincinnati, and 1 hour south of Indianapolis.

All skill and performance levels are welcome and encouraged to attend. Experience how much fun racing can be. This is a 1/8 mile outlaw track where spectators sit close to the track and enjoy the racing. Sit in the bleachers or bring your own chairs and cheer on your favorite drivers. Picnicking welcome, or buy food at the snack bar. Nearby camping and motels. Also lodging at beautiful Brown County State Park, http://www.browncountystatepark.com/ only 7 miles from the track. Shopping, dinning, and antiquing in quaint downtown Nashville. http://www.browncounty.org/Roserichpoe@att.net, or call Richard at 812-988-2008, or check out the track website at www.browncountydragway.com.

We hope to have a good turnout of Studebakers and other orphan makes at this event. All cars will need to pass a tech inspection to race. A combination spectator & pit pass is $7.00. Sportsman racers are $25.00. Track opens at 9:00 AM practice at 11:00, racing at 2:00PM.
        Disclaimer: Activities or participation in any activities at Brown County Dragway are not sponsored, endorsed, or in any way sanctioned by The Studebaker Drivers Club, Inc or the Indy Chapter SDC. Attending or participating in drag racing events is entirely at your own risk.

Richard

Comment

Thanks Ted for your support.
          Richard

Comment

Your right Richard. There is nothing like the attention a Stude get at the dragstrip. The Lark towed my daughters car to the strip every race last season. I was running a friends front engine dragster. Towards the end of the season was the nostalgia race. I let my brother run the Lark. When people saw the car in the staging lanes, they asked if I entered as the spoiler of the points standings. The 1960 Dragster sold. Looks like I might be racing an altered my friend bought this season. He also just bought another FED.

Gordon

Comment

Comment

Roserichpoe@att.net.

We hope to see you there.
                Richard

Comment

Well this drag race sure has got me thinking real hard about making a trip to Indiana with the 41 Champion R-2.[] Now if we could just take up a collection for gas money Between going to South Bend for the swap and drags we would be busy the next few weeks. Still need to put in the lower rear gear and do some carburator tuning. Do they sell racing gas at the track or do you have to bring your own? I'm going to give participating some serious thought.

Frank van Doorn
                  1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
                  1963 Daytona Conv
                  1941 Champion R-2 Rod
                  Frank van Doorn
                  Omaha, Ne.
                  1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
                  1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
                  1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 41 Frank

Well this drag race sure has got me thinking real hard about making a trip to Indiana with the 41 Champion R-2
                    Frank,

I take it that you got the engine put back together and all is now well?

Gary

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Hi Gary Thanks for asking. Yes I got it all back together in December. I drove it for the first time last Sunday to our Chapter meeting and ran the road ralley with it which was our activity that day. All seems well so far,it needs a little more break in time though. I do still have to do some carburator tuning (just got the gasket kit) as mentioned in my earlier post and I have a N.O.S. twin traction 4.09 rear end for it. Currently it has a 3.73.this should improve the track times some.

quote:Originally posted by Guido

quote:Originally posted by 41 Frank

Well this drag race sure has got me thinking real hard about making a trip to Indiana with the 41 Champion R-2
                      Frank,

I take it that you got the engine put back together and all is now well?

Gary

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
                      Frank van Doorn
                      1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
                      1963 Daytona Conv
                      1941 Champion R-2 Rod
                      Frank van Doorn
                      Omaha, Ne.
                      1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed

Comment

Does any1 know Tiffany Joe Dyer?

Comment

Comment

Richard, rather than hunting for race fuel in a strange town I'll probably bring some. I'll keep watching this thread just in case something changes. Hate to hit you with more questions but is this "heads up run what you brung racing" or are there classes.
                            Frank

quote:Originally posted by 63larkr1
                            Frank van Doorn
                            Omaha, Ne.
                            1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed

Comment

Frank, I know where to get fuel on the way to the track. If you head this way let me know and I'll direct you to a fuel depot..............lol

It is an addiction!
                              It is an addiction!

Comment

Working...
                              X