SDC Forum Mentality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDC Forum Mentality

I have been told I have an SDC Forum Mentality. What is it and how do I know if I have it? Is it dangerous and do I need to get professional help?

I replied to a thread, Avanti Recall on the Avanti Forum and the original poster (SN-60) did not like my replies.

Do other members have this condition and should I be concerned?

mfg

• AOAI Forum Member

Wouldn't it be nice if Regnalbob occasionally contributed something positive to 'AVANTI TRIVIA', instead of his constant 'nit picking' and seemingly endless criticisms?
    With his wealth of Studebaker service letters he should be able to come up with MANY interesting trivia questions....but no, he'd rather sit back and leave the work
    to somebody else.......and that, in my opinion, is really sad.........Bob, leave that SDC Forum mentality behind you!....Cheer up!..................Ed

Bob Langer
    Glenshaw,PA

Poor Ed. I almost miss that guy.....
    StudeDave '57
    US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
    SDC Member since 1985

past President
    Whatcom County Chapter SDC
    San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
    San Diego Chapter SDC
    North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

...but then you wake up?

Comment

It is real.
        It is a daily struggle.
        Professional help? Here?
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Langer View Post
          Do other members have this condition and should I be concerned?
          Nothing to lose any sleep over. http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...deration-again

Craig

Comment

Actually, I find this forum much nicer than the Facebook alter-egos. In fact, they almost seem to be the Mr. Hyde to this Dr. Jekyll. Facebook and Twitter seem to bring out the worst in people.

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
            Ron Smith
            Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Langer View Post
              I have been told I have an SDC Forum Mentality. What is it and how do I know if I have it? Is it dangerous and do I need to get professional help?

I replied to a thread, Avanti Recall on the Avanti Forum and the original poster (SN-60) did not like my replies. Do other members have this condition and should I be concerned?
              No worries, Bob. Of all the fora I visit, SDC is the most civil and respectful. Do a bit of research and then consider the source of the accusation.

Facebook and Twitter seem to bring out the worst in people.
              X2 - Agree; one is known by the company he keeps. The solution is simple; just don't go there.

jack vines
              PackardV8

Comment

The worst I have ever seen is an auto forum called YellowBullet.... Near as I can tell, they have NO moderators. The posted motto is "Where the weak are killed and eaten"... I believe them.
                The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Pile View Post
                  The worst I have ever seen is an auto forum called YellowBullet.... Near as I can tell, they have NO moderators. The posted motto is "Where the weak are killed and eaten"... I believe them.
                  Trash Or Be Trashed Where the weak are killed and eaten!!!! Vulgar language and nudity may be enclosed!! NWS (Not Work Safe)

jack vines
                  PackardV8

Comment

Mr. Langer,

First and foremost, you have to consider the source of the comments. Then you have to understand that some commentators seem to run off at the mouth while sitting behind the screen. Key board hero's have a way of infesting the wood work, mostly in the dark and certainly safe behind their computer screen.

Courtesy and common sense seem to prevail on this forum. Very little of the sort of nonsense you've mentioned goes on here, if at all. When that ugly headed monster rares it nastiness, it is quickly smote. It was for that reason, alone, that I came over here from the old Studebaker.Alt group.

Second, you have to keep in mind that the poor fella has no where else to go. Then you probably should keep in mind why that might be???

I can honestly say, I don't miss that guy........
                    Bo

Comment

Ditto! The wise Posters that said: "Consider the SOURCE" were correct!
                      It is too bad though, because if Civil, the poster in question has MUCH good info and knowledge that COULD be shared.
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I seem to remember when most people had mentality and used it for good. It seems, now, that the dark side is gaining strength in some areas. Hopefully us old Studebaker addicts have so few brain cells left that we can't be recruited. I always print these comments out in crayon before posting, the red ones taste the best.
                        sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
                        1950 Champion Convertible
                        1950 Champion 4Dr
                        1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
                        1957 Thunderbird

Comment

Originally posted by thunderations View Post
                          I seem to remember when most people had mentality and used it for good. It seems, now, that the dark side is gaining strength in some areas. Hopefully us old Studebaker addicts have so few brain cells left that we can't be recruited. I always print these comments out in crayon before posting, the red ones taste the best.
                          Nice subtle humor there! I also agree that there is a tendency here to nitpick, especially if the subject is about one of the more "popular" Studes (read: Hawks, Avantis). However, I hasten to add that unlike some other forums *glares HARD at Facebook and Hagerty*, this one is actually pretty reasonable in terms of content and moderation.
                          Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

Bob,

A little background history. SN-60 was a "contributor" to the SDC Forum. He also maintained a roster for a special Studebaker model. SN-60 could not control his impulsive behavior to jump in and get involved in just about every topic. One time he sent me a private message thinking I was involved with a prairie fire that he has started. I calmly replied in a PM to him that he had the wrong Bob and it was easy to prove if he took the time to look at the original poster. He did write back to me and said sorry.

Things got so bad that is was decided he was to be banned from the forum. Evidently, he will not be back as he is up to his usual modus operandi. Whether or not the AOAI forum will do anything is up to them but here he is persona non grata.

Bob Miles
                            Pacific Southwest Zone Coordinator

Comment

I believe that what some refer to as "nit picking" is simply meant as critiquing. Many wouldn't know (including myself) what is Studebaker factory authentic without the critiquing provided by many of the regulars here that have been around these cars for 50+ years. Quit taking the comments (critiquing) personally, as I don't believe it is meant to offend anyone, but rather is given as a nugget of wisdom. Also, it may help to end a posting of critique with an emoticon.
                              sigpic
                              In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Working...
                              X