Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 61 Lark Windshield Gasket

Help!!!!
    Does anyone have any information on when they are going to start producing the gaskets for a 61 Lark two door sedan? I ordered one last June and nothing but bad news and the run around. My car is basically done and this is all I need.

Anyone happen to have one? Even used if it's in decent shape.

Thanks

Abad7d2

Studebaker International, Studebaker Parts.com and Stephen Allen's websites advertise a windshield gasket for a 1961-62 Lark for $120. Are they out of stock?

Found another vendor, Studebakerglass.com advertises the seal/gasket for $119.
    Last edited by Milaca; 02-13-2019, 06:34 PM.
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Yep. No one has them

Comment

How much of a difference is there from a 60 to 61? I know they are molded one piece but if they are close why couldn't it be split at the bottom and sealed back together? The rear is made like that

Comment

Originally posted by abad7d2 View Post
          How much of a difference is there from a 60 to 61? I know they are molded one piece but if they are close why couldn't it be split at the bottom and sealed back together? The rear is made like that
          The Lark's cowl had a dramatic change between 1960 and 1961. I believe that the windshields and therefore the gaskets are quite different.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I pulled up some photos and noticed that. Does anyone out there have one by chance? I have called every Vendor I can find on line and no one has them. Was just grasping for straws in hopes that someone had one

Comment

I wonder if Steele Rubber Products might have a universal bulk gasket that will work, at least until the correct one is reporduced?
              Ron Dame
              '63 Champ

Comment

You would think between the '61 and '62 Larks there would be sufficient demand to make those gaskets. I know the 1961 rear window (Non Cruiser) gasket has been hard to find for a long time.

Comment

This option is a good one. You could also check with a local hot rod shop and see if they know of a generic gasket that could be cut to fit. Those guys do magic after chopping a top to make the windows look correct.

Originally posted by Ron Dame View Post
                  I wonder if Steele Rubber Products might have a universal bulk gasket that will work, at least until the correct one is reporduced?
                  sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
                  1950 Champion Convertible
                  1950 Champion 4Dr
                  1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
                  1957 Thunderbird

Comment

Anybody check with Valerie Hansen out of Nashville?

Comment

Yes, she is the one who had all the molds to begin with and sold them.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs K Corbin View Post
                        Anybody check with Valerie Hansen out of Nashville?
                        There was a thread some time back about Valerie selling the company to another vendor, but she might sill have some stock.
                        "In the heart of Arkansas."
                        Searcy, Arkansas
                        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                        1952 2R pickup

Comment

Valerie's stock has been taken over by http://www.studebakerparts.com/
                          I ASSUME they also got the molds, but Im not sure about that.

Comment

Yes they did. Russ has them and is running into some trouble getting them reworked in some cases

Comment

Just talked to a friend the other day regarding the windshield gasket for his 62 four door. He said that nobody has them, and the ones that had been previously available had seating issues. They were larger then the originals and could not be used. I don't know if the problem exists for all Lark types, just the for door cars, or just all 1961-62.

Comment

Working...
                              X