Keep the Name Out There

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep the Name Out There

One of the best ways to keep the Studebaker name alive is to drive and display Studebakers. Another way is to wear attire with something Studebaker related on it to non-car events. In the Summer, I usually wear Studebaker t-shirts while shopping, dining, etc. I wore one at Gold's Gym about a week ago. The only comment was from some guy about my age that said that the shirt really dates me. He never owned a Studebaker, but did remember them. Last week, I attended a college foundation reception. Most of the men were in suits. After more than 30 years of suits, I only wear one if I feel it is necessary. I wore a "Studebaker Era" sweater (the one with the through the years parade of vehicles on it). The college's president started to talk to me and stated that he likes the low models ('53-'54 Starliner) and that his brother in Saint Petersburg has a Studebaker Avanti. I told him about the gathering at the Villages that was coming up. In a few minutes, I will leave for the wake of a distant relative. I plan on wearing a Studebaker sweater.

Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Some time ago,at a car auction,I was also told that my Studebaker t-shirt 'shows my age'- I didn't mind! Had a good conversation with the guy,who had been in the Avanti used car and parts business for quite a while.
    He said he went to [brand x] to make more money.[:0]
    As I collect more Studebaker apparel,I'll be wearing them more!

LaSalle,Il
    61Hawk
    Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Some time ago,at a car auction,I was also told that my Studebaker t-shirt 'shows my age'- I didn't mind! Had a good conversation with the guy,who had been in the Avanti used car and parts business for quite a while.
      He said he went to [brand x] to make more money.[:0]
      As I collect more Studebaker apparel,I'll be wearing them more!

LaSalle,Il
      61Hawk
      Oglesby,Il.

Comment

The next time someone says your Studebaker attire dates you, think about responding that while that may be true you have aged well just like Studebakers have.

Tim-53 Studebird in Yuma, AZ
        Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
        jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Comment

The next time someone says your Studebaker attire dates you, think about responding that while that may be true you have aged well just like Studebakers have.

Tim-53 Studebird in Yuma, AZ
          Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
          jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Comment

Last year I came across a current picture set of an adult nature, which
            the female model is wearing a t-shirt that says Studebaker, and shows
            a picture of one. For obvious reasons I didnt post them here.[:I]

I wonder if the photographer or wardrobe is a fan?? Hmmmm. I also had
            found a desktop picture around the same time, with two Playboy-ish models
            washing a '62 Lark Hardtop, unrelated to attire, except they were not
            wearing any, and I thought of it while typing this.[:I]

Tom

'63 Avanti, zinc plated drilled & slotted 03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, soon: TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves, 'R3' 276 cam, Edelbrock AFB Carb, GM HEI distributor, 8.8mm plug wires
            '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
            Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
            http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
            I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Last year I came across a current picture set of an adult nature, which
              the female model is wearing a t-shirt that says Studebaker, and shows
              a picture of one. For obvious reasons I didnt post them here.[:I]

I wonder if the photographer or wardrobe is a fan?? Hmmmm. I also had
              found a desktop picture around the same time, with two Playboy-ish models
              washing a '62 Lark Hardtop, unrelated to attire, except they were not
              wearing any, and I thought of it while typing this.[:I]

Tom

'63 Avanti, zinc plated drilled & slotted 03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, soon: TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves, 'R3' 276 cam, Edelbrock AFB Carb, GM HEI distributor, 8.8mm plug wires
              '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
              Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
              http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
              I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

I agree that wearing Studebaker stuff spreads the word.
                During the warm months, I usually wear one of my many Studebaker t-shirts. During the winter, I have some Studebaker denim shirts, plus a Studebaker belt buckle. By the way, Bondobilly sells some terrific shirts. I usually get comments from people about Studebakers, mostly positive.
                Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                Smithtown,NY
                Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

I agree that wearing Studebaker stuff spreads the word.
                  During the warm months, I usually wear one of my many Studebaker t-shirts. During the winter, I have some Studebaker denim shirts, plus a Studebaker belt buckle. By the way, Bondobilly sells some terrific shirts. I usually get comments from people about Studebakers, mostly positive.
                  Rog

Smithtown,NY
                  Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

We need some better up to date bumper stickers - instead of the old "I'd rather fight than switch". You have to be over 50 to remember that stupid cigarette ad.

How about some fresher lingo, - "Studebaker - That's How I Roll", or "Kickin' it old school in my Studebaker", etc.? The under 25 crowd WILL notice that kind of stuff.

Chris Pile
                    StudeFolk Manager
                    Tiny, custom domain, branded, url shortener, edit URL redirect, tinylink
                    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

We need some better up to date bumper stickers - instead of the old "I'd rather fight than switch". You have to be over 50 to remember that stupid cigarette ad.

How about some fresher lingo, - "Studebaker - That's How I Roll", or "Kickin' it old school in my Studebaker", etc.? The under 25 crowd WILL notice that kind of stuff.

Chris Pile
                      StudeFolk Manager
                      Tiny, custom domain, branded, url shortener, edit URL redirect, tinylink
                      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I have at least a couple of pieces of apparel at one point or another. At the moment I have my trusty ol' Avanti jacket, a Studebaker hoodie somewhere from the Studebaker museum, and one of my favorites the black "Got Studebaker?" t-shirts from Fairborne. With the exception of the jacket, things usually get worn year round. I usually too, get comments on the apparel, mostly from people standing behind me (I wonder why, lol [)]).
                        1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
                        1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
                        1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
                        1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

I have at least a couple of pieces of apparel at one point or another. At the moment I have my trusty ol' Avanti jacket, a Studebaker hoodie somewhere from the Studebaker museum, and one of my favorites the black "Got Studebaker?" t-shirts from Fairborne. With the exception of the jacket, things usually get worn year round. I usually too, get comments on the apparel, mostly from people standing behind me (I wonder why, lol [)]).
                          1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
                          1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
                          1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
                          1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

I just got a bunch of new Studie T-shirts for Christmas. Stude Attitude.. Stude Logo... A couple with a front and rear view of an Orange 53. They go with one from years ago that one of my children had made for me. Sal's Studebaker Garage
                            I'm wearing them constantly at work and 'round town. Comments are just occasional, but always positive.
                            sals54

Comment

I just got a bunch of new Studie T-shirts for Christmas. Stude Attitude.. Stude Logo... A couple with a front and rear view of an Orange 53. They go with one from years ago that one of my children had made for me. Sal's Studebaker Garage
                              I'm wearing them constantly at work and 'round town. Comments are just occasional, but always positive.
                              sals54

Comment

Working...
                              X