Front wheel track on a t cab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front wheel track on a t cab

Can anybody tell me what the front track is on a t cab? Is it 60" or 56 1/2"? I really don't know how to measure it. I want to put a heidts mustang ll front suspension on it but don't know what the track is. Thanks guys.

Just measure from the center of one tire to the center of the other, with the wheels pointed straight ahead. The track will change with different wheels and offsets.

Comment

All I know about those Front/Rear Track Numbers is Studebakers are always quite a bit narrower in the rear.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

AFAIK, Studebaker did not include front track in their truck data books. Assuming you are asking about a half-ton T-cab, the width over the outside surface of the rear tires was 69 5/8". But as noted above, that assumed 6.70 x 15 or 6.00 x 16 tires on standard wheels.
        Last edited by Skip Lackie; 02-07-2019, 04:21 AM.
        Skip Lackie

Comment

Thanks, someone told me the track is measured from the mounting surface of the wheel across. A little confusing. Is there any technical specs from studebaker literature out there?

Comment

'A' = 57-3/16" 8E5&7

'A' = 59-3/16" 8E10&12

Craig
            Last edited by 8E45E; 02-06-2019, 06:22 PM.

Comment

In this instance I would be measuring the track of your truck the same way heidts measures the track of their front ends...that way you are comparing apples to apples, so if heidts measures from the wheel surface of the hub to hub, you should too. and as alan says you can always alter the track with different wheel offset/back spacing as long as you don't get too crazy going too far negative or positive from factory specs of what heidts specs are as that can create wheel bearing issues and geometry issues. cheers, junior
              sigpic
              1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
                In this instance I would be measuring the track of your truck the same way heidts measures the track of their front ends...that way you are comparing apples to apples, so if heidts measures from the wheel surface of the hub to hub, you should too. and as alan says you can always alter the track with different wheel offset/back spacing as long as you don't get too crazy going too far negative or positive from factory specs of what heidts specs are as that can create wheel bearing issues and geometry issues. cheers, junior
                Sounds reasonable. jimmijim
                sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Working...
                X