Cold!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold!

My Sky Hawk has been resting comfortably in its garage this winter and I've driven it a couple of times for the twenty minutes recommended for cars under these circumstances. The garage is under the house and unheated and although the boiler is drained to prevent burst pipes,it doesn't get all that cold in there. The question is because of the extreme cold should I make soup or hot cocoa and put some blankets on and maybe put some tropical music on the radio to make it more comfortable?
    peter lee

Send her out to me in California....the daffodils are blooming...the tulips are peaking out....Spring isn't here yet....but is coming....and I'll take very good care of her!
    Lou Van Anne
    62 Champ
    64 R2 GT Hawk
    79 Avanti II

Comment

Pizza , with black olives and raw red onions ! I am told Sky Hawks like it , Ed

Comment

I no longer have a copy of a late 1961/early 1962 issue of Science & Mechanics magazine, but I recall them road testing a brand new at the time 1962 G.T. Hawk while it was 15° below zero in Chicago.

Craig

Comment

Hope it had the optional under drivers seat heater. My first car was a 1960 Hawk that was purchased in late 1965. Severe Minnesota winter conditions could be a challenge to the heater and defrost system.

Comment

I had to send this to my brother in Connecticut, who's freezing his buns off right now. Here, our trees are starting to blossom. The temps have been consistently in the 60s for so long this Winter, that many of the trees are starting to POP. I've got to get out to the orchard and trim and spray the trees before they get out of hand. And yes, I've been out in the shop working in my short sleeve shirt. Sorry all you midwesterners, but this is why I put up with all the insane politics and taxes of the crazy state of California.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Tree.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	156.0 KB
ID:	1725147
            sals54

Comment

I'm a Sky Hawk lover as well. Keep it warm and comfortable until Spring. I recommend chicken soup.
              Ed Sallia
              Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

and make sure you have a 180 stat in there to get up to the right temps....

Comment

Got up into the low 50's here yesterday, the first real break we've had this year. The sun was out, it felt nice!

Overall it's been a great winter for skiers and snowmobilers and they bring a ton of money into the state so I guess we can't complain too much.
                  Dan Peterson
                  Montpelier, VT
                  1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
                  1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)

Comment

I had the Lark out for a 50 mile round trip last week, cold and gray outside, but the Climatizer kept things toasty in the car!!! Good timing on my part; we had 12" of snow on Monday, and looks like it'll be below freezing for at least a week!

Comment

Weatherman predicts 80 for today. Taking the Champ out for one last ride before it goes to new owner. Auction ends today. Sold!
                      Last edited by rbruner; 02-08-2019, 01:25 PM.

Comment

For a change we on the west side of the Cascades are feeling your pain. I usually look forward to the trees budding out by the second week in Feb, but not this year. Snow even got down as far south as northern California. At 800' elevation the snow sticks around, still have 8-9" on the ground and more coming Friday. The Fraser river outflow, from Canada, usually doesn't get this far south, but it has this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Hallabutt View Post
                          For a change we on the west side of the Cascades are feeling your pain. I usually look forward to the trees budding out by the second week in Feb, but not this year. Snow even got down as far south as northern California. At 800' elevation the snow sticks around, still have 8-9" on the ground and more coming Friday. The Fraser river outflow, from Canada, usually doesn't get this far south, but it has this year.
                          Welcome to my world Bill (at least this winter)!

Comment

Working...
                          X