How to have some Fun at an "Other Make" Car Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to have some Fun at an "Other Make" Car Show

I would just LOVE to flash a Picture of this Paxton Supercharger nameplate in front of some Mustang and Mustang Cobra owners!

Just TOO much FUN!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Shelby Cobra Stude. Paxton Decal.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	1759976
    Last edited by StudeRich; 01-26-2019, 02:59 PM. Reason: FUN, Fun, fun!
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

I thought you already did that, Rich: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...e-Paxton-Decal

And I've seen them at 'other make' car shows: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ghlight=shelby

Craig

Comment

I could barely make out Studebaker in your picture, but I guessed it must be there. Most people have no idea how diversified the Studebaker Corporation was.
      "In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

I wonder if the Paxton is mated to the Studebaker 289 to power the Mustang ?

Comment

Originally posted by 63r2 View Post
          You have a point there!

The early 1965 engines blocks were black with yellow valve covers, just like the 1962-4 engines without the 'Chrome Dress-Up Kit'. That means they also must have been made by Studebaker.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 63r2 View Post
            I like the way you think.
            sigpic
            In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
              I could barely make out Studebaker in your picture, but I guessed it must be there. Most people have no idea how diversified the Studebaker Corporation was.
              My Posted Pics always enlarge TWICE you know!
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                How to have some Fun at an "Other Make" Car Show

Following this Shelby connection I have a Sunbeam Tiger and I too can have fun because:

1. I can take it to a European car show.
                2. I can take it to a British car show.
                3. I can take it to a sports car show.
                4. I can take it to a (powered by) Ford show.
                5. I can take it to a (prototyped by) Shelby show.
                6. You might even take it to a Jensen show because they assembled the Tigers.
                7. But my favorite would be to take it to a Chrysler show because they owned a controlling interest in Roote Group to the extent that the Penatstar appeared on this British built, Ford powered car.

BTW, the Tiger prototype built at Shelby's..., overwhelmingly the work was actually done by a gentleman named George Boskoff who at one time also worked for Paxton/McCullough. Why everything does seem to be related within 6 degrees of everything else.
                Last edited by wittsend; 01-27-2019, 09:01 PM.
                '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

All true, wittsend, we had the same fun with our Tiger at all those type shows !!!! Never could figure out how to enter in any of the Studebaker meets back in TN and AL tho', so I'll slip it in here and see if Clark snuffs my pic out, ha ! HEY, it "could" have had Studebaker connections.........
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by j.byrd View Post
                    Never could figure out how to enter in any of the Studebaker meets back in TN and AL !
                    Here is one way to enter it: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...hlight=sunbeam

Craig

Comment

My Posted Pics always enlarge TWICE you know!
                      Yep, I could make it out, but it was still small. When I saved it an enlarged the picture it got blurry.
                      "In the heart of Arkansas."
                      Searcy, Arkansas
                      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                      1952 2R pickup

Comment

Ha ! Craig, I remember that very well, but my Tiger was still stock in the suspension and braking departments, so it was as "squirrely" as me when I got in the little monster, ha ! It certainly had the "tow power" to do that with the hi-po 289 with lots of "enhancements" that I did, but no thanks..

Comment

Originally posted by j.byrd View Post
                          All true, wittsend, we had the same fun with our Tiger at all those type shows !!!! Never could figure out how to enter in any of the Studebaker meets back in TN and AL tho', so I'll slip it in here and see if Clark snuffs my pic out, ha ! HEY, it "could" have had Studebaker connections.........
                          Well, the linkage between the Tiger and the Studebaker is the Dana 44 rear end - even if it was the distant cousin Salisbury from England. Also the first 56 Tigers were fitted with a B/W T-10 transmission.
                          Last edited by wittsend; 01-28-2019, 10:49 AM.
                          '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

I would just LOVE to flash a Picture of this Paxton Supercharger nameplate in front of some Mustang and Mustang Cobra owners!

Just TOO much FUN!
                            I think I must have a different definition of "fun".
                            Dick Steinkamp
                            Bellingham, WA

Comment

Originally posted by wittsend View Post
                              Well, the linkage between the Tiger and the Studebaker is the Dana 44 rear end - even if it was the distant cousin Salisbury from England. Also the first 56 Tigers were fitted with a B/W T-10 transmission.
                              If you then installed a Paxton, with this emblem.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78297[/ATTACH]
                              Would it be enough?

Mark
                              sigpic

S2Deluxe = (5H - C3).

Comment

Working...
                              X