Getting ready for York

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting ready for York

Since I was off work today and it was 70 degrees outside, I decided to start getting ready for York. Since I set up outside, I needed something to set my items on. Last year I hauled several Steelcase desks and BAMS help me set them up. A real PITA and they are not all that large.

I decided to make some up and went to Lowes and used a $50.00 gift card I had received for my birthday. Using some sawhorse brackets this is what I came up with. By making them 32" wide I was able to get three out of 2 sheets of plywood. Definitely overbuilt, but here is one of them. (Note I have not attached the legs to the brackets in this picture, they are spread more when this is done).

I also took the enclosed trailer in the background to a local auction house. They are going to empty it tomorrow and auction the contents on Wednesday (a lot of furniture, etc.). I will then be able to load parts this weekend.

http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

I'll be there probably early Friday... if you need a strong back and a weak mind again, I'll once again be bringing both!

EDIT: I'll definitely be there sometime around Noon Friday. See you there, and call me if you need a hand.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that parking is a pleasure, traffic is a breeze, turning's no trick at all, and happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

I'll be there probably early Friday... if you need a strong back and a weak mind again, I'll once again be bringing both!

EDIT: I'll definitely be there sometime around Noon Friday. See you there, and call me if you need a hand.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that parking is a pleasure, traffic is a breeze, turning's no trick at all, and happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

Gary make sure you save some room for the things I know you will purchase at the local auctions I sent you today. Surely you don't want to go home empty or at least iwouldn't think you would.

See you in the future as I write about our past
        sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Gary make sure you save some room for the things I know you will purchase at the local auctions I sent you today. Surely you don't want to go home empty or at least iwouldn't think you would.

Comment

Don,

I received your e-mail. If I was not trying to get rid of some of my stuff and stuck in the parking lot being a salesperson for 2 days, I might be able to venture over. That is unless someone wants to buy out my inventory and free me up.

Gary

By the way, 2 years ago I stood in the cold all day on Friday and sold one $20 item. Thankfully things picked up on Saturday.

Comment

Don,

I received your e-mail. If I was not trying to get rid of some of my stuff and stuck in the parking lot being a salesperson for 2 days, I might be able to venture over. That is unless someone wants to buy out my inventory and free me up.

Gary

By the way, 2 years ago I stood in the cold all day on Friday and sold one $20 item. Thankfully things picked up on Saturday.

Comment

For the right price I'll relieve you on Saturday so you can venture to the otherside and cgo home with more stuff like i will

Comment

For the right price I'll relieve you on Saturday so you can venture to the otherside and cgo home with more stuff like i will

Comment

Other than making a table weigh 700 lbs,it's difficult to "overbuild" them.We all have seen the sway back tables at meets.Good luck at York!
                    Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Other than making a table weigh 700 lbs,it's difficult to "overbuild" them.We all have seen the sway back tables at meets.Good luck at York!
                      Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

I have a question. In years past the vendors were allowed to set up after 1 pm on Friday. Last year we arrived at noon on Friday and most everyone was set up. So, what is the official doors opening for setup this year?

Comment

I have a question. In years past the vendors were allowed to set up after 1 pm on Friday. Last year we arrived at noon on Friday and most everyone was set up. So, what is the official doors opening for setup this year?

Comment

Bill,

JP or someone closer may be better able to answer this, but I think some folks may get there Thursday. I try to leave early on Friday morning in order to get there by 9:00. However, this year I may be bringing my rollback with a truck a fellow wants, so I may leave Thursday afternoon to avoid the DC traffic.

Gary

Comment

Bill,

JP or someone closer may be better able to answer this, but I think some folks may get there Thursday. I try to leave early on Friday morning in order to get there by 9:00. However, this year I may be bringing my rollback with a truck a fellow wants, so I may leave Thursday afternoon to avoid the DC traffic.

Gary

Comment

Working...
                              X