Canadian Serial Number Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian Serial Number Question

Can one of the experts here tell me the starting serial number for Canadian built 64's? And possibly how many 64 Commander 4dr's (Canadian) were built?
    Thanks in advance.
    Jim
    I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Starting for the 1964 year, until December, 31st, 1963, the prefixes were '64SC' for a six cylinder, or '64VC' for a V8.

Once the plant in South Bend closed, and all cars were sourced from the Hamilton plant, starting January 1, 1964, serial numbers started with 'C10' for a six and 'C50' for a V8.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by LarkTruck View Post
      Can one of the experts here tell me the starting serial number for Canadian built 64's? And possibly how many 64 Commander 4dr's (Canadian) were built? Thanks in advance. Jim
      What Craig said, Jim. The "starting" 1964 Hamilton-built Serial Number depends on when you're "starting!" As Craig said, the Serial Number sequenceing changed when all production was sourced from Hamilton, ON after January 1, 1964.

No breakdown of 1964 Commander 4-doors has been made, to the best of my knowledge, based on where they were manufactured.

However, the combined (South Bend and Hamilton) production figures for 1964 model year Commander Six 4-doors is 7,102 units. The same figure for V-8 4-doors is 6,753. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by LarkTruck View Post
        Can one of the experts here tell me the starting serial number for Canadian built 64's? And possibly how many 64 Commander 4dr's (Canadian) were built?
        Thanks in advance.
        Jim
        I agree with the information given, but they do not answer your question of the starting S/N in Canada. In Canada, early 1964 sixes started with 64SC-1001 and V8s with 64VC-1001. In Canada, when all production was there, sixes started with C-100001 and V8s started with C-500001.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Thanks Guys!
          JS
          I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Working...
          X