C Body/Hood Release Fasteners - 1956 Power Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: C Body/Hood Release Fasteners - 1956 Power Hawk

Can anyone clue me in as to the bolt/thread size for the four bolts that secure the hood release mechanism to the lower intake bracket. These are the ones that allow location adjustment/alignment to the lower intake bracket.

I can find everything in the manuals except for these four bolts/specifications.

TIA

See Group 16 in Chassis Catalog - “Fenders, Hood, Misc. Sheet Metal”
    Part #1905X16 Screw, to Bracket. 5/16”-18X3/4”—-C-K All Models

Comment

This is on a (1961?) Hawk and I'd wonder if this is what you are looking for. I have been a stickler for accuracy in this score and I suspect you and I are in the same boat!
      Steve.Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02096.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	1724993

Comment

This is on a (1961?) Hawk and I'd wonder if this is what you are looking for. I have been a stickler for accuracy in this score and I suspect you and I are in the same boat! 5/16" UNF, but with due consideration to the special washers.

Steve.Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02096.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	1724993

Comment

Originally posted by Studebakercenteroforegon View Post
          See Group 16 in Chassis Catalog - “Fenders, Hood, Misc. Sheet Metal”
          Part #1905X16 Screw, to Bracket. 5/16”-18X3/4”—-C-K All Models
          Yes! Thank You...

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Winzar View Post
            This is on a (1961?) Hawk and I'd wonder if this is what you are looking for. I have been a stickler for accuracy in this score and I suspect you and I are in the same boat! 5/16" UNF, but with due consideration to the special washers.

Steve.[ATTACH=CONFIG]78186[/ATTACH]

I believe that them thar' bolts have captured washers. I should have some in on of my "treasure" pails. Thanks!

Comment

See; and I thought you were asking about the bolts the hold the release lever in place, not the latch.

Comment

Steve, just FYI: when you forget something in a post it is easy to hit the "Edit Post" button to add or change things, also now you can go to the original Post and Delete it, when you have posted a Dup. Post.

I love how easy, logical and efficient this Forum Format is, I am an Internet Dummy and even I can figure it out!

I don't have Al Gore's Phone Hotline Number to ask the "Inventor" for help.
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                  Steve, just FYI: when you forget something in a post it is easy to hit the "Edit Post" button to add or change things, also now you can go to the original Post and Delete it, when you have posted a Dup. Post.

I love how easy, logical and efficient this Forum Format is, I am an Internet Dummy and even I can figure it out!

I don't have Al Gore's Phone Hotline Number to ask the "Inventor" for help.
                  As a matter of fact I did spot the dupe and tried to delete it but it wouldn't go- must have done something wrong....
                  GrumpyOne's original post highlights a subject dear to me, and that is the actual appearance of the fasteners used in our vehicles.
                  <Rant mode on>
                  I particularly want to reassemble my Hawk was near as 'factory' as I can but the bucket load of bolts nuts and clips that I stored poorly decades ago need a forensic exercise to identify now.
                  I had posted a message on this subject pleading for photos of known 'application' that I could create a reference Blog and despite views in the hundred, only got replies from two members (thanks a bunch fella's). At present I rely upon as many photos of other peoples' cars to glean info (such as the photo I posted), but increasingly, original fasteners are not necessarily being used. So, If anybody would like to help out on my quest please send me a PM, some photos perhaps, and I will build a reference. After all, what does G180018 and associated G120392 really look like?
                  <Rant mode off- with apologies !! >
                  Steve

Comment

Lower intake bracket ??

Comment

Originally posted by tim333 View Post
                      Lower intake bracket ??
                      Maybe I should have called it a "riser" as it is spot welded to the top of the lower intake panel... The hood latch assembly screws in to the top of it...

Comment

I guess the use of the word “intake” has me confused. Intake panel? Do you mean the shield between the top of the radiator and the lateral support between the fenders?

Comment

I think the "intake panel" he's talking about is the front valance. It has the location for the hood latch assembly incorporated in to it, what he's calling the "riser". I believe the bolts he's asking about are those that attach the hood latch assembly to the valance.

Comment

Working...
                          X