Stude PU vs M16 differences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stude PU vs M16 differences

I just bought a cab and front end from a 1946 M16. EVERYTHING else is gone. I was told that the front fender spacer is all I need to remove to have the fenders sit "right". Is this correct? Also, where do I find production numbers on the trucks?
    Thanks for the info.
    54 C Land Speed - 179.644 mph
    59 Lark Cruiser - 14.58 @ 99.30
    60 Lark Gasser 1 - 10.82 @ 122.83
    60 Lark
    63 Lark Slammed - 11.62 @ 116.3

If it is a M-16 it will have the "bump" into the firewall in order to accomodate the big six. M-5's and M-15 (and 15A's) came with the Champion motor and had a flat firewall. Please be aware that the M-16 fenders will have the wide openings for the 20" tires and may look odd if you have 15" or 16" wheels.

http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

If it is a M-16 it will have the "bump" into the firewall in order to accomodate the big six. M-5's and M-15 (and 15A's) came with the Champion motor and had a flat firewall. Please be aware that the M-16 fenders will have the wide openings for the 20" tires and may look odd if you have 15" or 16" wheels.

http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

The total model year 1946 truck production was 43,196. Someone else will need to help with the breakout for your M-16.

Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

The total model year 1946 truck production was 43,196. Someone else will need to help with the breakout for your M-16.

Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

The M16 fenders will have above differences and also have a higher front measurement than a M5. for that reason, the outside grilles are a little different than a m5 grille. I am building a M5 from a 1948 M16. Shoot me a E-mail if you want me to mail you pictures of difference in grilles and fenders. Cab is same other than firewall difference mentioned above. rwilkin@dragonbbs.com

Randy Wilkin
            1946 M5 Streetrod
            Hillsboro,Ohio 45133
            Randy Wilkin
            1946 M5 Streetrod
            Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

The M16 fenders will have above differences and also have a higher front measurement than a M5. for that reason, the outside grilles are a little different than a m5 grille. I am building a M5 from a 1948 M16. Shoot me a E-mail if you want me to mail you pictures of difference in grilles and fenders. Cab is same other than firewall difference mentioned above. rwilkin@dragonbbs.com

Randy Wilkin
              1946 M5 Streetrod
              Hillsboro,Ohio 45133
              Randy Wilkin
              1946 M5 Streetrod
              Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

It is definitely an M16. The chassis was scrapped by a friend. He wanted to build a rod. now that he started his own business, he can not finish it. Few dollars later, I ready to do a runaround truck. I plan to remove the fender spacers and reinstall the fenders as is. The door stickers are for a Sanitary Company. Should be a hoot!

Randy, email sent. Thanks.
                60 Lark

Comment

It is definitely an M16. The chassis was scrapped by a friend. He wanted to build a rod. now that he started his own business, he can not finish it. Few dollars later, I ready to do a runaround truck. I plan to remove the fender spacers and reinstall the fenders as is. The door stickers are for a Sanitary Company. Should be a hoot!

Randy, email sent. Thanks.
                  60 Lark

Comment

Working...
                  X