Parts Needed motor mount bracket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parts Needed motor mount bracket

I have a 1951 champion starlight. I want to swap a 6 cylinder to a 289 stude motor. I am told that I need motor mount brackets from a 1953 - 1954 Commander. I do not know why I can not use from a 1951 - 1952 Commander. Anyway, I need motor mount brackets that attached to the frame. Anyone have a pair that I can purchase. Studebaker West did not have.

When I put the 289 engine in my 52 Commander I just used the same 52 motor mount brackets that were on the car. They worked fine.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

When I put the 289 engine in my 52 Commander I just used the same 52 motor mount brackets that were on the car. They worked fine.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

The '51 and '52 Commanders use the two part through bolted engine mounts, so the brackets for same have a large hole not like '53-'64 front engine mounts.

If you use the matching (expensive) 2 part engine mounts, you can use the '51-'52 frame brackets but you will also need '51 engine brackets.

Or you could use the complete setup from a '53-'64 Sedan.

Roy; you have the rare opportunity to use one of TWO factory engineered for Safety, Durability and anti Noise and Vibration Systems, to make a nice looking, correct bolt-in installation which you would never get with one of your Pontiacs or a Chevy. [^]

It is your money and your car, so you can chose one of them, or even to just "shade tree" it together taking advantage of the Engineering of neither. [V]

StudeRich -Studebakers Northwest Ferndale, WA
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

The '51 and '52 Commanders use the two part through bolted engine mounts, so the brackets for same have a large hole not like '53-'64 front engine mounts.

If you use the matching (expensive) 2 part engine mounts, you can use the '51-'52 frame brackets but you will also need '51 engine brackets.

Or you could use the complete setup from a '53-'64 Sedan.

Roy; you have the rare opportunity to use one of TWO factory engineered for Safety, Durability and anti Noise and Vibration Systems, to make a nice looking, correct bolt-in installation which you would never get with one of your Pontiacs or a Chevy. [^]

It is your money and your car, so you can chose one of them, or even to just "shade tree" it together taking advantage of the Engineering of neither. [V]

StudeRich -Studebakers Northwest Ferndale, WA
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I just used a piece of metal with a hole in it under the motor mount bracket.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

I just used a piece of metal with a hole in it under the motor mount bracket.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

One thing about using the 51-52 style, ya sure don't hafta worry about the rubber breakin' loose from the metal like the later type front mounts!

Miscreant adrift in
                the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                1960 Larkvertible V8
                1958 Provincial wagon
                1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

One thing about using the 51-52 style, ya sure don't hafta worry about the rubber breakin' loose from the metal like the later type front mounts!

Miscreant adrift in
                  the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                  1960 Larkvertible V8
                  1958 Provincial wagon
                  1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Ok. I have the upper brackets that connect to the motor. Now I need 1951 - 1952 Commander motor mount brackets that connect to the frame. Anyone out there have a pair. I was told that I can't use the 6 cylinder motor brackets that attach to the frame. Or does anyone out there have 1953- 1954 Commander brackets that attach to the frame.

Comment

Ok. I have the upper brackets that connect to the motor. Now I need 1951 - 1952 Commander motor mount brackets that connect to the frame. Anyone out there have a pair. I was told that I can't use the 6 cylinder motor brackets that attach to the frame. Or does anyone out there have 1953- 1954 Commander brackets that attach to the frame.

Comment

Roy,
                        I have a set of brackets for a 54 Commander, but I need to get about $3500 cuz they're still attached to the car.
                        I'll keep my eyes open for you, though.
                        Sal
                        sals54

Comment

Roy,
                          I have a set of brackets for a 54 Commander, but I need to get about $3500 cuz they're still attached to the car.
                          I'll keep my eyes open for you, though.
                          Sal
                          sals54

Comment

Thanks Sal. Let me know if you plan to attend any stude auctions or swap meet. Keep the Sude faith.

Comment

Thanks Sal. Let me know if you plan to attend any stude auctions or swap meet. Keep the Sude faith.

Comment

Working...
                              X