Studes rule even with Brand x power!! '54 Starlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studes rule even with Brand x power!! '54 Starlight

Back in the day my dad put 55 Ford swing pedals in for the brake and hydraulic clutch. He used a 55 Ford master cyl. and a clutch master & slave from a 53 GMC pickup truck along with a 53 V-8 Buick std. bell housing. A 401 Buick Nail Head w/ Tri-Power, 37 La Salle 3 speed top loader and a 55 Chevy station wagon rear assy. For its time it was pretty damn fast and that Stude suspension and steering made it handle quite well and stick to the road.

That's quite a combination! He must have been very handy, and spent some time at the salvage yard.
    Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

Nailhead Buick engines fit really well in a Studebaker.
      james r pepper

Comment

Was a line mechanic for years at a Packard dealership!
        Originally posted by tsenecal View Post
        That's quite a combination! He must have been very handy, and spent some time at the salvage yard.

Comment

As a kid I used to love going to the bone yards with him and getting full of grease......you do not want to hear what my mother would scream;-)
          Originally posted by tsenecal View Post

Comment

When I was a kid, my father owned the junk yard. He had a service station and a towing business so there were always new cars coming in to check out.
            Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

Working...
            X