Got it running. :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got it running. :)

Our chapter member, Bob Hapner, contacted me a couple of days ago about helping him get the fresh engine in his 63 GT started. Bob lives 50 miles from us and Joe and I loaded up a few tools and drove over today. I figured this was only fair since I have given him grief about getting the car back together. He has been working on the car for 7 years or so and it is looking good. The under side of the car turned out to be worse than anticipated and the car was completely disassembled for new floors and other work.
    Anyway, I know how much I enjoy hearing about progress on a project so I took a few pictures. The first are from several years ago and then some from today. The food is the "snack" Bob's wife prepared for us. I don't know how many people she expected, but we had a good visit.
    The problem turned out to be some minor glitches in the timing. After a bit of cranking and adjusting we got it running. Bob is re-energized to get on with the program. Now to reinstall the interior and steering wheel so he can try it out.
    Attached Files
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Very nice job on the floors. Top notch restoration.

Comment

Love the Whites and Wires!
      1950 Commander Land Cruiser
      1951 Champion Business Coupe
      1951 Commander Starlight
      1952 Champion 2Dr. Sedan
      1953 Champion Starlight
      1953 Commander Starliner
      1953 2R5
      1956 Golden Hawk Jet Streak
      1957 Silver Hawk
      1957 3E5 Pick-Up