1953 Wagon progress #3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1953 Wagon progress #3

Finally got my frame painted and have started to reassembly all of the sub-systems. Will get the motor/trans/exhaust in in a few days and will post again. Pics of the frame and brake pedal are below. All of the brake pedal system is inclosed under the the stock mud guard that came with the car. I had to build a belcrank mechanism in order to get the Wilwood master cylinder to fit.
    Attached Files

53? I thought first one was 54?
    Lou Van Anne
    62 Champ
    64 R2 GT Hawk
    79 Avanti II

Comment

Guy is custom building a wagon from a 53 coupe. The body/paint work looks fantastic. Can't wait to see the finished product.
      RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
      4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
      5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

I think this is SO Cool !

Click image for larger version

Name:	Custom Built 53 Wagon.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	127.8 KB
ID:	1724800 Complete with fake Documentation!

StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I like where this project is headed. Nice work so far.

Bob

Comment

Looks like the bottom side is going to be as nice as the top side! Is the car going to be on air...I was wondering if that gizmo on the outside of the frame rail above the top link on the suspension was for the ride height? Keep us posted. cheers junior
            sigpic
            1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Correct, level pro at all 4 corners. With this ride height it makes traversing speed bumps a breeze. I was able to run the air lines and related wires inside the frame to the wagons spare tire well where the tank is located. I will install the air bags/shocks after I align the front end at the end of the build.

Comment

Working...
              X