GT Front Seat ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT Front Seat ??

Is there any reason the front seats from a GT Hawk would not fit in a 56 Parkview wagon? If they will fit I'm going to start looking for some. I was looking at the Green Mist GT interior and loved it. It will look good in a green wagon.

7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2
    As soon as you find a product you like they will stop making it.

I had a set of GT Hawk buckets in my Daytona. If they fit in a Lark, they should fit in a Wagon.

Matthew Burnette
    '59 Scotsman
    '63 Daytona
    Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

I had a set of GT Hawk buckets in my Daytona. If they fit in a Lark, they should fit in a Wagon.

Matthew Burnette
      '59 Scotsman
      '63 Daytona
      Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

They should work, providing you get the inner mounting plate. One from a 1962 Lark with a center console would likely be best.

Stephen Cade

Comment

They should work, providing you get the inner mounting plate. One from a 1962 Lark with a center console would likely be best.

Stephen Cade

Comment

Thanks guys I will be looking for a Lark seat. I know where a 62 Lark is setting with a 58 Champion setting on top of it. Don't know if it has a console or not. But as soon as it warms up I will be finding out. I think it would be easier to let the grand kids in and out of the back seat. I have to put seat shoulder belts in the back first.

Comment

Thanks guys I will be looking for a Lark seat. I know where a 62 Lark is setting with a 58 Champion setting on top of it. Don't know if it has a console or not. But as soon as it warms up I will be finding out. I think it would be easier to let the grand kids in and out of the back seat. I have to put seat shoulder belts in the back first.

Comment

I beg to differ. Either the center plate is different or the track width is different or the seat width is different. I tried 1964 GT bucket seats in a 1963 Wagonaire. I barely got them in BUT ONLY if I did NOT use the center console. The buckets ALMOST touched one another.
                I used them that way but it didn't look right because there was a space between the seats not quite wide enough to accomodate the console.

Comment

I beg to differ. Either the center plate is different or the track width is different or the seat width is different. I tried 1964 GT bucket seats in a 1963 Wagonaire. I barely got them in BUT ONLY if I did NOT use the center console. The buckets ALMOST touched one another.
                  I used them that way but it didn't look right because there was a space between the seats not quite wide enough to accomodate the console.

Comment

Well, if that's the case, just use Lark seats rather than GT seats. They look the same, only with different patterns in the material. But, you'd want to recover them to match anyways, right?

Art, my Daytona, a '63, had (has) '62 Hawk seats in it. The center console/mounting plate could be from a Lark, however.

Matthew Burnette
                    '59 Scotsman
                    '63 Daytona
                    Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Well, if that's the case, just use Lark seats rather than GT seats. They look the same, only with different patterns in the material. But, you'd want to recover them to match anyways, right?

Art, my Daytona, a '63, had (has) '62 Hawk seats in it. The center console/mounting plate could be from a Lark, however.

Matthew Burnette
                      '59 Scotsman
                      '63 Daytona
                      Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Working...
                      X