Hagerty Barn Find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hagerty Barn Find

One Stude Hawk in the latest edition of Barn Find. Anyone figure out what the car is next to the Daytona at 5:40 0n the tape?

Could be a Chrysler 300, possibly 1958.

Comment

Holy cow. Just simply amazing.
      sals54

Comment

Several million dollars worth of cars and none for sale.
        Money may not buy happiness, but it's more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes than on a bicycle.

Comment

There is a final Stude right at the end of the video that he calls a custom - it's a later finned hawk. Maybe a Packard Hawk?
          Scott Rodgers
          Los Angeles
          SDC Member since 1989
          \'60 Lark HT
          \'63 Wagonaire
          \'66 Frankenbaker

Comment

Originally posted by scott.rodgers View Post
            There is a final Stude right at the end of the video that he calls a custom - it's a later finned hawk. Maybe a Packard Hawk?
            The one at the end does appear to be customized. At about 13 minutes there is a 1957 (perhaps 1958) Golden Hawk.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

The Hawk appears to be a 1957 Golden Hawk, possibly a 400, the Interior IS White!
              At least the Parking lights are not '58 anyway.

It has been modified to INSTALL A Modern A/C Unit and Alternator but keeping the Supercharger.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                The Hawk appears to be a 1957 Golden Hawk, possibly a 400, the Interior IS White!
                At least the Parking lights are not '58 anyway.

It has been modified to INSTALL A Modern A/C Unit and Alternator but keeping the Supercharger.
                Looks like it could be a 400 but can't see enough of the interior to be sure. If he'd only get his arm out of the way of the body tag we'd have a better idea! Although it appears to be a 3 digit number so would too early to be a 400. I hate to see all these cars stashed away, they'd look so nice out on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue 15G View Post
                  Could be a Chrysler 300, possibly 1958.
                  It's a 1957 Chrysler 300. Earlier in the tape, at about 3:40, rather than 5:40, you get a better view of it. BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Wow. What a collection.
                    james r pepper

Comment

Where in the Carolinas are these located?.... would love to drop in๐Ÿ˜„

Comment

I like in Raleigh , NC and have spent hours at this awesome collection of cars . There are like 4 Studebaker hawks I have photos of the 57 and I do not recall it being a 400 model. what you don't see in the video is the long path through the woods where it is lined with cars of all makes ...just a junk yard find I believe I recall a 1950 in the woods. The location is Pittsboro, NC near Raleigh , NC
                        Billy the owner is just a great man and very religious . His work through these many years was painting cars...sometimes he did 3 cars a week.
                        HE WILL NOT SELL ANY CARS OR PARTS I visited the sight with the local Raleigh AACA car club . It is without a doubt the largest barn find collection of cars in the country
                        Joe

Joe Parsons

Comment

An amazing collection! He must have been an excellent painter to amass all those cars!
                          Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Working...
                          X