1961 Stepside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1961 Stepside

Is the 1961 Champ Stepside worth the high bid so far? Are the spare tire covers still available? eBay # 170192782357
    Allen

I think it is. Especially if it runs as well as stated. These never HAD a spare tire cover. This one's got one that someone got off something else. That hub cap's not right for a truck either.
    Floor looks patched up, but it's a RARE Champ that hasn't gotten to need floor work in this day and age.
    This Champ's alot like my first Stude truck. Only difference was, mine had the factory truck 4-speed in it.[^]

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I think it is. Especially if it runs as well as stated. These never HAD a spare tire cover. This one's got one that someone got off something else. That hub cap's not right for a truck either.
      Floor looks patched up, but it's a RARE Champ that hasn't gotten to need floor work in this day and age.
      This Champ's alot like my first Stude truck. Only difference was, mine had the factory truck 4-speed in it.[^]

Miscreant adrift in
      the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

This truck is not too far from me if anyone is really serious about buying it....Now for my 2 cents....You'd have to see this in person to make a good judgement on it. It definitely looks too rusty to be from OK or TX all it's life....Now on the price...I scanned the bidder list quickly and some of the bidder's history. Maybe its me, but I'm leery of someone who has a limited number of bids having bid with this seller over 50% of the time...or 100% for that matter...I also see that some previous transactions were made by the bidders with a high % of bids with this seller and they are strangely car dealers/traders or at least seem to be. Call me suspicious, but don't they have the same ultimate goal, that is to drive prices up, or at least to maintain them in this "down" market ? I note some of that same activity here on this forum by members who are frequent sellers. Call it salesmanship, call it what you will...but as always may the buyer beware from afar....Again, I am available to inspect this truck for anyone serious.

Comment

This truck is not too far from me if anyone is really serious about buying it....Now for my 2 cents....You'd have to see this in person to make a good judgement on it. It definitely looks too rusty to be from OK or TX all it's life....Now on the price...I scanned the bidder list quickly and some of the bidder's history. Maybe its me, but I'm leery of someone who has a limited number of bids having bid with this seller over 50% of the time...or 100% for that matter...I also see that some previous transactions were made by the bidders with a high % of bids with this seller and they are strangely car dealers/traders or at least seem to be. Call me suspicious, but don't they have the same ultimate goal, that is to drive prices up, or at least to maintain them in this "down" market ? I note some of that same activity here on this forum by members who are frequent sellers. Call it salesmanship, call it what you will...but as always may the buyer beware from afar....Again, I am available to inspect this truck for anyone serious.

Comment

Not evil... Dave, I often practice the same techniques as you do when bidding on items that are "nice to have" vs. "I really need it!". [8)]

<h5>Mark
            '57 Transtar
            3E-6/7-122
            </h5>
            Mark Hayden
            '66 Commander

Comment

Not evil... Dave, I often practice the same techniques as you do when bidding on items that are "nice to have" vs. "I really need it!". [8)]

<h5>Mark
              '57 Transtar
              3E-6/7-122
              </h5>
              Mark Hayden
              '66 Commander

Comment

The Studebaker family is a small one, especially if you are referring to those that actively buy and sell vehicles. I have bid on vehicles put on eBay by other Forum members and other Forum members have bid on Studebakers that I have had on eBay. On anything that I am the high bidder of, I pay the price, unlike what a non-Forum person has done to me.

Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

The Studebaker family is a small one, especially if you are referring to those that actively buy and sell vehicles. I have bid on vehicles put on eBay by other Forum members and other Forum members have bid on Studebakers that I have had on eBay. On anything that I am the high bidder of, I pay the price, unlike what a non-Forum person has done to me.

Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Working...
                  X