Attracting more Pre-War to Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attracting more Pre-War to Forum

I lament not having more participation by ASC members and pre-war owners on the Forum.

Would a separate Technical page oriented to pre-war attract more participants or are we oldsters simply not savvy with modern communication media?

Brad Johnson
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Just curious, Brad

Do the other groups not have a Forum?

[img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/studesmall2.jpg[/img=left]Bob Feaganes (stude53)
    53 Starliner Hardtop
    Newton Grove, NC

Comment

Just curious, Brad

Do the other groups not have a Forum?

[img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/studesmall2.jpg[/img=left]Bob Feaganes (stude53)
      53 Starliner Hardtop
      Newton Grove, NC

Comment

The ASC does have a subforum on the AACA page. I think it would be great to have those guys over here.

Matthew Burnette
        '59 Scotsman
        '63 Daytona
        Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

The ASC does have a subforum on the AACA page. I think it would be great to have those guys over here.

Matthew Burnette
          '59 Scotsman
          '63 Daytona
          Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

I've often wondered why the separation by years and models...... I do know that the average age of the ASC'ers in our area is 110, and most don't have a clue how to operate a computer......Those folks are out in their shops building superb road cars and are DRIVING THEM!!!!
            Many of us are dual members - SDC/ASC, and those are the ones we see here. I've worked hard over the years to include the plastic cars/ end of run cars with xxxx motors, modified cars as well as old cars in the groups I've belonged to and wish that everyone would do the same. Too bad that there are so many with blinders on.....
            Cheers,

Brian K. Curtis,
            1925 Duplex-Phaeton ER
            1949 1/2 ton pickup
            1963 GT Hawk custom
            1966 Daytona 2dr

Comment

I've often wondered why the separation by years and models...... I do know that the average age of the ASC'ers in our area is 110, and most don't have a clue how to operate a computer......Those folks are out in their shops building superb road cars and are DRIVING THEM!!!!
              Many of us are dual members - SDC/ASC, and those are the ones we see here. I've worked hard over the years to include the plastic cars/ end of run cars with xxxx motors, modified cars as well as old cars in the groups I've belonged to and wish that everyone would do the same. Too bad that there are so many with blinders on.....
              Cheers,

Brian K. Curtis,
              1925 Duplex-Phaeton ER
              1949 1/2 ton pickup
              1963 GT Hawk custom
              1966 Daytona 2dr

Comment

I often see posts on the AACA Forum Studebaker page by folks who obviously don't know ASC nor SDC exist.
                Brad Johnson,
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I often see posts on the AACA Forum Studebaker page by folks who obviously don't know ASC nor SDC exist.
                  Brad Johnson,
                  Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                  '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

quote:Originally posted by rockne10

I lament not having more participation by ASC members and pre-war owners on the Forum.
                    I think it would be great also. Those older Studes are beautiful [].

We generally seem to send questioners to the ASC forum. Maybe if some of the pre war Stude owners would be on the lookout for those questions and answer and encourage the questioners BEFORE they got sent away, that would help.

Dick Steinkamp
                    Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by rockne10

I think it would be great also. Those older Studes are beautiful [].

We generally seem to send questioners to the ASC forum. Maybe if some of the pre war Stude owners would be on the lookout for those questions and answer and encourage the questioners BEFORE they got sent away, that would help.

Dick Steinkamp
                      Bellingham, WA

Comment

I'm with you, Brad. We need more prewar participation here. I also agree with Dick. Those of us in SDC who do own prewar vehicles should be a little quicker answering prewar questions on this forum. If we were, we might have more participation from owners of vintage iron. After all, SDC has never had an age restriction as a condition of membership, so why do we keep sending them to the ASC forum? I have an original 1925-27 Studebaker Service Library (that's what Stude called it - it is eight volumes!) which covers Big, Special and Standard Sixes and early Erskines. I am more than willing to share the information in them, adding my personal knowledge of 25-27 Dictators(Standard 6). Witness my response (one of two) to uk studedude on the tech forum - not very technical, but hopefully it helps. Would a separate prewar tech page on this forum be practical?

Terry Godkin
                        1927 Dictator Custom sedan
                        1954 Commander Stariner
                        Surrey, British Columbia

Comment

I'm with you, Brad. We need more prewar participation here. I also agree with Dick. Those of us in SDC who do own prewar vehicles should be a little quicker answering prewar questions on this forum. If we were, we might have more participation from owners of vintage iron. After all, SDC has never had an age restriction as a condition of membership, so why do we keep sending them to the ASC forum? I have an original 1925-27 Studebaker Service Library (that's what Stude called it - it is eight volumes!) which covers Big, Special and Standard Sixes and early Erskines. I am more than willing to share the information in them, adding my personal knowledge of 25-27 Dictators(Standard 6). Witness my response (one of two) to uk studedude on the tech forum - not very technical, but hopefully it helps. Would a separate prewar tech page on this forum be practical?

Terry Godkin
                          1927 Dictator Custom sedan
                          1954 Commander Stariner
                          Surrey, British Columbia

Comment

I'm not sure why but I've always had the impression this forum was primarily for post-war cars and felt out of place asking pre-war questions.

I've used the AACA on several occasions and have found it generally lacking for responses. Check the number of responses to most questions and you will see maybe only one or two and often zero.

SDC's forums are like Grand Central Station compared to AACA's Sleepy Hollow.

Perhaps their all original owners?

Cork, Mpls, MN

Comment

I'm not sure why but I've always had the impression this forum was primarily for post-war cars and felt out of place asking pre-war questions.

I've used the AACA on several occasions and have found it generally lacking for responses. Check the number of responses to most questions and you will see maybe only one or two and often zero.

SDC's forums are like Grand Central Station compared to AACA's Sleepy Hollow.

Perhaps their all original owners?

Cork, Mpls, MN

Comment

Working...
                              X