Another little hole..............Avanti dash board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another little hole..............Avanti dash board

So all Avanti owners are aware of that round hole just adjacent to the bottom of the fuel tank.....now here is another...just inside of the chrome end cap on the drivers side is a small round hole.....I have wondered since 1966 why that hole is there??.......certainly not for the removal of the clock.....so any ideas?

Now here is another better idea that Stude came up with.....the trunk Studebaker name plate is called out as attached via 5 pal nuts.......but on my Avanti no such nuts are present.........rather very tiny barrel connectors are pressed into the trunk lid, allowing the nameplate studs to be so attached.
    Now if only they did that for the sail panel "S" emblems.

enlarge the hole

Originally posted by Hawklover View Post
    So all Avanti owners are aware of that round hole just adjacent to the bottom of the fuel tank.....now here is another...just inside of the chrome end cap on the drivers side is a small round hole.....I have wondered since 1966 why that hole is there??.......certainly not for the removal of the clock.....so any ideas?

Now here is another better idea that Stude came up with.....the trunk Studebaker name plate is called out as attached via 5 pal nuts.......but on my Avanti no such nuts are present.........rather very tiny barrel connectors are pressed into the trunk lid, allowing the nameplate studs to be so attached.
    Now if only they did that for the sail panel "S" emblems.
    i have taken the drastic ?? measure on more than one avanti i have owned of enlarging the hole behind the aluminum plate to just under what the plate covers, leaving the three mounting screw holes intact. truly makes some of the behind the dash work so much easier. easier being a relevant term!
    gfperry

Comment

Working...
    X