Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the Best Black for the 1950 Air Dam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the Best Black for the 1950 Air Dam?

Here is a link that shows the air dam/hood latch support on a 1950 Champion. I need to paint mine, and was debating if Rustoleum semi gloss black was the best I could find? I think this one in the link looks like the correct black, and I'd like to know what is the best color black to duplicate the original black Studebaker used for the part? Thanks, Tom

That hood latch support could be a bit more shiny, to my eye. There are more gloss choices these days than there were back then, but I think this one is painted too far on the flat side.
    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Your car your choice. No body will slam you. jimmijim
      sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

I think it looks about right. Very similar to the black on my '50 (dulled a little over the years probably).
        Mike Sal

Comment

The one in the link looks correct. I believe that the part originally was a little shinier/glossier than semi-gloss.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
          X