See Vern Ediger's Studebaker treasure trove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• See Vern Ediger's Studebaker treasure trove

0 views, 276 likes, 33 loves, 40 comments, 185 shares, Facebook Watch Videos from Dave Arland: I'm certain that many of us are indebted to Vern Ediger and his ranch of Studebakers in Kansas. When I...
    sigpic
    Dave Lester

Thanks Dave. Nice story. Vern has helped me on any number of occasions.
    Skip Lackie

Comment

That is GREAT STUFF! Of course, Vern is a longtime member of the SDC - and founding member of the Midway Chapter here in Kansas. He's a legend - selling stuff all over the world, not just the US. Wish I had a nickel for every time I gave out his phone number.
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

What an AWESOME Used Parts Supply!
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

He is about my age. I can see an auction in the future.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Great video, thank you for posting! Very nicely done. Great drone use.
            -Matt

1963 GT Hawk
            1960 Metropolitan Convertible
            1972 AMC Javelin/ AMX
            1956 Cushman Eagle

Comment

That is one place I would like to visit someday!!

Craig

Comment

I've walked his salvage yard many times - it's like a Studebaker wonderland.... And Vern has a wonderful collection of Studebakers that are driven A LOT. I don't ever remember seeing him drive a late model anything.
                The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

So far I'm refusing to sign up for facebook and twitter, so I'm wondering where this place is?

Comment

Click the link to watch the video - no membership required.

Comment

Thanks, it took three tries and long waits to finally come through.

"So with two friends and a video camera, we made a road trip to Halstead, KS last fall to see for our own eyes the incredible Studebaker collection that Vern has been building since he was 16 (in the middle 1950's!) I thought everyone at Studebaker Addicts might want to see what Vern's operation looks like, just a short drive north from Wichita..."

Comment

See Vern Ediger's Studebaker treasure trove

I posted this to Facebook, but thought everyone on the SDC Forum would be interested:

Many of us are indebted to Vern Ediger and his ranch of Studebakers in Kansas. When I threw a rod through the engine of my '51 Champion convertible, Vern came through with a '55 Champion engine. (He also supplied a used gas tank for the same car, mailing it out the same day I called looking for one!)

So with two friends and a video camera, we made a road trip to Halstead, KS last fall to see for our own eyes the incredible Studebaker collection that Vern has been building since he was 16 (in the middle 1950's!)

Click below to see a short video showing what Vern's operation looks like, just a short drive north from Wichita...

Last edited by showbizkid; 11-29-2018, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Great Pictures!

So was there an Airplane or a Drone involved?
                          StudeRich
                          Second Generation Stude Driver,
                          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Vern is a Studebaker Super Star, and his place is a Studebaker Wonderland.

Comment

Looks like drone footage to me. My daughter is a videographer and my son is a drone operator. They specialize in weddings but will do all sorts of events. The drone shots are the money makers. Gives any video a real professional look.
                              sals54

Comment

Working...
                              X