Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dick Steinkamp... Did You Once Own This Custom...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dick Steinkamp... Did You Once Own This Custom...

Or, one like it?

Last edited by Studedude; 11-27-2018, 06:46 PM.
    sigpic
    Dave Lester

Dave,
    I owned THAT car. Sold it to a guy in Reno. Thanks for finding it! It was a relatively famous Northwest Kustom.

http://s149.photobucket.com/user/dds...?sort=3&page=1
    Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

I was sure it was the same car, just couldn't believe it had deteriorated so much. If anyone could bring it back, you could.
      sigpic
      Dave Lester

Comment

Originally posted by Studedude View Post
        I was sure it was the same car, just couldn't believe it had deteriorated so much. If anyone could bring it back, you could.
        I'd love to see that one done like we did the Kart Hauler. It deserves it. I hope someone here snags it and does that. It would be fun to see the restoration here on this forum.
        Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

I'm not sure why he advertises it as just a President. It is clearly a Speedster. I would think that would add value.
          Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Comment

Wasn't the Speedster a sub-model of the President? Had the President engine. It has what appears to be a modified Speedster dash. I'm really finding it hard to like that front end. The conspicuous gap at the front of the hood nags at me.
            Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Dick, was the Ford engine in it when you had it? If so, what oil pan/pump was used; or was the engine just shoved back far enough to clear the crossmember.

Comment

More info on it here: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ent-Speedsters

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by bensherb View Post
                  Dick, was the Ford engine in it when you had it? If so, what oil pan/pump was used; or was the engine just shoved back far enough to clear the crossmember.
                  first gen broncos had rear sump oil pans and you can get aftermarket ones for ford 289 engines too. cheers, junior
                  sigpic
                  1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Originally posted by gordr View Post
                    I'm really finding it hard to like that front end. The conspicuous gap at the front of the hood nags at me.
                    It was an admired kustom in 1961 but even then not everyone liked every customized car. We probably wouldn't build it the same way today . I do like the tail light treatment and the way the coves on the doors are sliced. The original car had a different Chrysler grill which was more attractive (IMHO). I found one at a swap meet but never installed it and included it in the sale.

Originally posted by bensherb View Post
                    The small block Ford and 4 speed were in it when I bought it. I couldn't tell you what pan/pump were on it. It originally had the President engine with two twos and a 4 speed.
                    Dick Steinkamp
                    Bellingham, WA

Comment

Here his another custom with a much modified front end. https://tucson.craigslist.org/cto/d/...742396051.html
                      Joe Roberts
                      '61 R1 Champ
                      '65 Cruiser
                      Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Wow. Hope someone saves it.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Funny, the T-bird front bumper sort of works with the design. That car could be made to look real pretty.
                          Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Remember the car vary well when Mark Chance owned it, maybe forty five years ago. I "saved" several of his cars that I thought were in jeopardy of meeting an early demise.

Comment

That is a rad kustom in my opinion... hope that someone is able to save it and bring it back to life!
                              1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

Working...
                              X