PDA

View Full Version : 1961 Hawk 4 speed , complete car, in Central Fla CL ad- roughish .

shifter4
11-15-2018, 06:52 AM
I know nothing....

https://ocala.craigslist.org/cto/d/1961-studebaker-hawk/6747974261.html

JRoberts
11-15-2018, 07:00 AM
"original 302 V8"?

swvalcon
11-15-2018, 07:13 AM
JRoberts Must be one of those with the Ford Motor.

Buzzard
11-15-2018, 11:33 AM
It looks like it could be just the ticket to get Jake into fins! Just get the price a little more reasonable and supply some engine compartment pics. I don't recognize the wheels but someone has spent some dough on them.
Luck to the next owner as it certainly doesn't appear to have been butchered, just neglected. A 289 with a stick would make a nice driver. A little TLC and elbow grease would make it into a reasonable looker without breaking the bank.
Bill

jnormanh
11-15-2018, 01:07 PM
A little TLC and elbow grease would make it into a reasonable looker without breaking the bank.
Bill

Looks like a rust bucket to me. Nothing a thousand hours of labor and $5000 in parts won't fix.

dleroux
11-15-2018, 01:21 PM
"Looks like a rust bucket to me. Nothing a thousand hours of labor and $5000 in parts won't fix."

And what's your point?

mbstude
11-15-2018, 05:59 PM
Boy is that tempting... A beater Hawk with a 4 speed to drive the snot out of? Who wouldn't have a grin on their face.. Bolt on a better trunk lid, go over the mechanicals, throw in some late model junkyard bucket seats...

I better stop before I find myself hooking up the car trailer.

StudeRich
11-15-2018, 06:33 PM
That would be an OK deal at the right price, more like $2500-$3000.00 or less.

In Central Florida, you can probably expect it to be worse than it looks. :(

dleroux
11-15-2018, 07:34 PM
Rich,
We're getting excited. Someone could pull the trigger for about $4,000.00 - $4,500.00 and I hope less, but in it's condition, worse have been brought back from the jaws of the crusher.

drrotor
11-16-2018, 12:40 AM
There aren’t very many of these cars left. Weren’t many to begin with, for that matter... I guess we Stude people are so used to having rare cars we don’t give it a second thought, but compared to many “Rare” Chevrolets, these cars are made of “Unobtanium”. 4-speed ‘61’s? My memory tells me there were only about 400 built... Compare that to your typical “Rare” muscle car!

jimmijim8
11-16-2018, 01:30 PM
Boy is that tempting... A beater Hawk with a 4 speed to drive the snot out of? Who wouldn't have a grin on their face.. Bolt on a better trunk lid, go over the mechanicals, throw in some late model junkyard bucket seats...

I better stop before I find myself hooking up the car trailer. Please, not another Frankenstude.

StudeRich
11-16-2018, 03:07 PM
There aren’t very many of these cars left. Weren’t many to begin with, for that matter... I guess we Stude people are so used to having rare cars we don’t give it a second thought, but compared to many “Rare” Chevrolets, these cars are made of “Unobtanium”. 4-speed ‘61’s? My memory tells me there were only about 400 built... Compare that to your typical “Rare” muscle car!

Yep, probably MUCH rarer than many of us realize, being so used to seeing lots of Studes. that the Majority of others never see! :rolleyes:

I do have to say that I am liking that VERY RARE Metallic BLUE on this Hawk a Lot!

WHEN did you EVER see a '61 Lark OR Hawk in that Color surviving? If so it was probably the ONLY one you've seen!

Just a Fantastic Color. :!: it is every bit as beautiful as the similar 1958 Packard Only, Mountain Blue Metallic.

I am guessing Most '61 Hawks were White, followed by Flamingo, Autumn Haze, Red, Light Tan, and Black, but Blue and Green, not so much. :(

qsanford
11-17-2018, 06:14 PM
It looks like it may have originally been Riviera Blue. Still a nice, rare color for a Hawk! I do think there was a Burlington Blue metallic offered for late 1961 production in Canada.

Cus63
11-18-2018, 04:37 PM
When the trunk rusts on the bottom edge, very hard to replicate the corrugated horizontal depressions once the section has been cut out,
my car has had a repair their with a flat sheet graft & is missing 2 lines off the bottom, has anyone completed this type of repair successfully,

regards, Cus

mike cenit
11-18-2018, 06:31 PM
the door jams look like Riviera Blue, I had a 62 GT that color, it's an rare outstanding color.

drrotor
11-21-2018, 08:33 AM
When the trunk rusts on the bottom edge, very hard to replicate the corrugated horizontal depressions once the section has been cut out,
my car has had a repair their with a flat sheet graft & is missing 2 lines off the bottom, has anyone completed this type of repair successfully,

regards, Cus

Someone who’s good with a bead-roller could form a patch section to replace the bottom few inches... Classic should consider making this patch-panel!

8E45E
11-21-2018, 08:46 AM
WHEN did you EVER see a '61 Lark OR Hawk in that Color surviving? If so it was probably the ONLY one you've seen!

(Raising my hand in the air)

Burlington Blue Metallic was a Hamilton Spring color, and I have seen a few '61 Larks in that color. I have never seen a '61 Hawk factory painted Burlington Blue, as the color card did state it was for Larks.

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/showthread.php?2163-difference-between-CA.-S.B.-Larks&highlight=burlington

Craig

Buzzard
11-21-2018, 10:54 AM
I keep getting drawn back to this unique car. Is the small panel below the heater controls, for a REVERB (remember those?). I agree with Matthew as it would make a great daily beater Studebaker to be fixed up as you enjoy it.
Someone hurry up and pull the trigger to remove the temptation. I too love that unique Burlington Blue color (colour in Canada Craig) on that body style. Sure beats white in my opinion, sorry to white owners.
Bill

studegary
11-21-2018, 07:45 PM
I keep getting drawn back to this unique car. Is the small panel below the heater controls, for a REVERB (remember those?). I agree with Matthew as it would make a great daily beater Studebaker to be fixed up as you enjoy it.
Someone hurry up and pull the trigger to remove the temptation. I too love that unique Burlington Blue color (colour in Canada Craig) on that body style. Sure beats white in my opinion, sorry to white owners.
Bill

The main problem with white 1961 Hawks is the pearl beige panel at the base of the fin. (I know that many have had that color changed, even before first retail delivery, but that does not make them correct.)