Thank You Veterans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank You Veterans

A most sincere thank you to the Veterans of this country. {USA} Veterans, thanks be to your sacrifices we as a nation are able to enjoy all that is good about this country and gripe and moan at the pettiest of things. The Armistice, ending day for WW1, celebrating 100 yrs today. Do something nice for a veteran today. cheers jimmijim
    sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Originally posted by jimmijim8 View Post
    A most sincere thank you to the Veterans of this country. {USA} Veterans, thanks be to your sacrifices we as a nation are able to enjoy all that is good about this country and gripe and moan at the pettiest of things. The Armistice, ending day for WW1, celebrating 100 yrs today. Do something nice for a veteran today. cheers jimmijim
    And thanks also to the Veterans of Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Great Britain, France, and many other allied countries, where several are SDC members. Many, including myself, will be participating in today's 100th anniversary of the Armistice ending World War 1. Lest We Forget.

Stu Chapman, Major (Rtd)
    Proudly commemorating 50 years of military service

Comment

by John McCrae, Canadian Artillery Office and Doctor, May 1915

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
      Between the crosses, row on row,
      That mark our place; and in the sky
      The larks, still bravely singing, fly
      Scarce heard amid the guns below.
      We are the Dead. Short days ago
      We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
      Loved and were loved, and now we lie
      In Flanders fields.
      Take up our quarrel with the foe:
      To you from failing hands we throw
      The torch; be yours to hold it high.
      If ye break faith with us who die
      We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
      In Flanders fields.
      Last edited by rockne10; 11-11-2018, 08:22 AM.
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Yesterday the town of Southern Pines, NC held its annual Veterans' Day Parade. There was a fantastic turnout. One of the features is a large number of vintage/special vehicles each of which were assigned a veteran to ride in. Last year my father-in-law, a WWII vet, asked if I would take him in my Studebaker. I was naturally more than happy to do it. This year we once again were in the parade, only this year there were two other Studebakers as well. The trio was my '65 Cruiser, a '62 GT Hawk and an early '80's Avanti. It was once again a great privilege to participate. A young lady who attends a local high school was assigned to "take care" of us. She was a wonderful example of how good our youth really are. She listened to my father-in-law's stories, tales and questions. She stuck with us for the entire event, including riding in the Cruiser during the parade. In many ways yesterday proved what a great country this is.
        Joe Roberts
        '61 R1 Champ
        '65 Cruiser
        Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Working...
        X