1927 Studebaker restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1927 Studebaker restoration

What does it take to keep a 91-year-old car in its original form and on the road? Parts and knowledge quests from all over the country. Fortunately, that's not a problem for Salt Lake resident Joe Bordelon.

Nice car, good story.
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Is that a muzzle laying against the back of the seat?Click image for larger version

Name:	muzzle.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	1724243
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
        Is that a muzzle laying against the back of the seat?[ATTACH=CONFIG]76757[/ATTACH]
        It looks like it: there is a violin case in the back seat, so he may be going for the "gangster" theme. That and the bottles on the running board make it seem like a rum runner.

Comment

One of our former members used to show a gorgeous '41 Studebaker President Cruising Sedan, and one little kid remarked that it look like a gangster car. The next show Larry put a black fedora and a tommy gun on the front seat - it was a BIG hit.
          The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I like the turn indicators beside the windshield. I have not seen that type before.
            "In the heart of Arkansas."
            Searcy, Arkansas
            1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
            1952 2R pickup

Comment

You are kidding about Turn Signals, right?

I am pretty sure in 1927 NO ONE had even Dreamed of that!
              However it did make me look at the Box and Lever on the Left of the Column, it could be Headlights, Spark Advance, or Throttle who knows, maybe EVEN a Aftermarket Turn Signal Switch.
              Of course the Car COULD have Turn Signals added to those Cool Parking Lights.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Isn't that the car that was in Tacoma?

Comment

I talked to the owner of that car at Tacoma. Those are period correct turn signals. They extend out and sway back and forth when turned on.
                  Gary Sanders
                  Nixa, MO

Comment

Working...
                  X