'53-55 wheelcover trivia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '53-55 wheelcover trivia

I recently purchased a set of NOS disc wheel covers for my '55 President State. Along with the covers was a receipt showing they were shipped from N&A in 1991. They look good and have nice gold centers. It is surprising that any of these would be in stock at that late date. Perhaps N&A were remanufacturing them?
    American iron, real old school
    With two tone paint, it sure is cool

Its got 8 cylinders and uses them all
    With an overdrive that just won't stall

With a 4 barrel carb and dual exhausts
    With 4.23 gears it can really get lost

Its got safety belts and I ain't scared
    The brakes are good and the tires are fair.

Tried to sell her, but got no taker
    I"ll just keep driving my Studebaker

There were reproduced ones off original tooling (at least what ads said) back in the 90s. I think I read someplace the tooling was lost later?

Jeff in ND

Comment

You never know where these are going to show up. I recently bought 5 of them from a local gent who had taken them off his car decades ago and pretty much forgotten about them. He recently ran across them and since he has not owned the car they came off of for years decided to sell them. He ended up running in to our local club newsletter editor who suggested he post an ad in our publication, which he did. I happened to see the ad the day the newsletter came out and called immediately. Later he delivered them to me at my work and I was amazed at what great condition they were in. I believe I only paid $60.00 for all five. I live for deals like that.
      Ed Sallia
      Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

N&A ad from the February 1991 Turning Wheels.

Click image for larger version

Name:	February 1991 N&A ad.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	1724237

These were also in the 1994 N&A catalog and remember seeing ads through the 90s. Not sure when these were gone. These are the smooth ones w/o ribs and are technically only correct for '54-'55. I want to say sometime about 10ish years ago there were some posts or something regarding them and the tooling had disappeared/lost/destroyed/etc.

Jeff in ND

Comment

Working...
        X